Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've lurked on here for a while but rarely post. Anyways, I'm working on an SAS on my 97 chevy 1500 with an aam 9.25. I'm having my unit bearings redrilled from 8x6.5 to 6x5.5 so I can keep my wheels and rear end. The problem that I have is the hub pilot, my wheels' hub bore is smaller than the pilot on the unit bearing so I was gonna have the hub pilot machined down to flush with the brake rotor. This would make the front end completely lug centric and the more I think about it, the more I worry about how safe this setup is gonna be. Will I be okay with only the lug studs supporting the weight of this truck? I feel like I'm overthinking this. Another idea I had was to leave the hub pilot and have a small wheel spacer made with the correct bore for the dodge pilot on one side and the correct pilot for the wheels on the other side, but that's $100+ I don't wanna spend if I don't have to. Any thoughts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Machine the hub bore on the wheels if your concerned, I wouldnt worry too much about it though. Alotta vehicles rolled outta the factory just lug centric.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
If you are running aftermarket wheels odds are you are lug centric only already.

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,175 Posts
You'll be fine. I ran 1.5" non-hubcentric wheel spacers on my truck for over 2 years before I SASed. Just make sure to torque everything down from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts