Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 183 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Looks great! It is a good thing for the deep snow pack, it will allow you to be done, by the time the trails finally opens.

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well the pig isout of the barn so to speak!
Fired right up after the long cold winter, and the NV4500 works! have to bend up some kind of shifter that doesn't hit my leg....
Oh and I can't remember where I put the TC shifters:homer:

IMG_0277.jpg

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
So got a shifter fabbed up! used an old split 14mm socket with some nuts welded inside, a piece of 5/8 rod and an old shift knob! Its perfect! little fill and paint and the boot covers the rest!

51538417263__EEDEFD3B-494F-4867-8C4E-C9C2ED06EFAE.jpg

Fenders under construction!
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
i'm using 86 S10s all around they have an off set center pin of 2 inches front and rear. So with my frame stretch I'll be at 97 " WB .Trying to keep it all in a picture of disportional proportion....( it's still gotta look somewhat right!)
With your front springs being 54 inch springs, what is the measurement center to center of the mounting holes on the frame? I need to stretch the front of my Willys (for my new engine) and go with longer springs. I'm looking at the 52 or 54" chevy and xj leafs.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
With your front springs being 54 inch springs, what is the measurement center to center of the mounting holes on the frame? I need to stretch the front of my Willys (for my new engine) and go with longer springs. I'm looking at the 52 or 54" chevy and xj leafs.
Link it,I think that's the direction I am going to go.Front 3link and rear leafs.(ORI).No bumps ,no limit straps, no sway bars, so easy to package compared to coilovers.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Link it,I think that's the direction I am going to go.Front 3link and rear leafs.(ORI).No bumps ,no limit straps, no sway bars, so easy to package compared to coilovers.
I've already been reading up on it. I planned on doing it this last winter, but just before the election, I spent all my project money to increase my armory.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
How are you going to control axle wrap at the front with those springs?Why not use same spring you have now and just move mounts forward your desired amount?Or are your front mounts at end of frame now,cant remember.My new frame has been extended 8" at the front so that will help when I figure out what the hell I'm going to do,if anything!

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Ralf do me a favor and post some pics on how and where steering box is mounted in relation to frame.
Thanks

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
My install is a little different then most. I used a 2WD truck box mounted inside on another plate opposite of where most do. Why? cause I had it. I considered just doing like most and getting a Durango box which has the big piston too. I will get pics when I get home.

61 - 80 of 183 Posts