Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'll be watching for your rig on the con next weekend, I'm riding along with my dad in his yota for the Marlin Round Up. Be hard to miss your rig :)

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I'm glad you still have it.

I didn't really get to wheel this year, due to phase 2 of my remodel / addition project. I should be done with this phase by mid Jan. Then I may get to build my new front dana 60 and re-gear my rear axle, before I start phase 3 (kitchen) of the remodel.

Hopefully we can get in some trips this next year.

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
SAW.jpg Bought this too $ 30 ! converting to metal application

hooch.jpg

Oh and been drinking Overhauler's newest hobby! Homemade hooch! :beer:

And its damn good ! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Nice welding table, I've needed one for years it will help the quality of your work being able to clamp things down or just being able to stand comfortably to weld, grind, drill, etc. I'm assuming that fridge is in the garage full of beer. Good score on the band saw, I have to use a 4" grinder for every thing.

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Actually that's Overhauler's fridge, but I got a case of his homemade beer at my house.......well had:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Got a pile of emptys now.......

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Well it's been awhile since I've been dealing with a health issue.

However I do have a TBI set-up enroute from Affordable Fuel Injection.
Not sure when I'll be able to get it in? Finally gave up on the Qjet after 25 +years.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Well it's been awhile since I've been dealing with a health issue.

However I do have a TBI set-up enroute from Affordable Fuel Injection.
Not sure when I'll be able to get it in? Finally gave up on the Qjet after 25 +years.
Ill come help
:beer::beer:

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Well things have been real slow while I have been recovering from health issue. But have been tinkering on a steady turtle like pace.

So got the TBI & harness in, ECM mounted, O2 sensor in, fuel lines run and new cold air intake mocked in place. Will pickup air under the dash
TBI intake.JPG

Got new tank welded up this last week. Building new mounting cradle now.
So hopefully we'll be running by this weekend sometime?
New Tank.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
It's good to here your feelin' better and tinkering on the rig. Just doing small projects can be physical and mental therapy, beats watching old reruns of Moesha or the Golden Girls. :lmao:

Good idea on the cold air intake, I'm curious about how much sucking sound you will have?

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Good call Chris!
A little sucky makes my stecker pecker out!

Well the Glostick is ALIVE!

Got timing light from Overhauler . But ended up retarding timing a bit and runs way better.

Got a longer silicone coupler for the intake tube as the one was only 2" long that came with it.

As for the sucking sound- can't hear it over the exhaust or the stereo:flipoff2:

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Oh and to add insult to injury from last year was the front driveshaft fiasco!

So on the the turn after Ellis last year my front shaft over extended and separated ! was able to stick it back together. Got home and got the shaft extended.
Well still not enough climbing the steps past Soup it happened again!

Well that isn't an issue now!
The Glowstick has extension!

shafted.JPG

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
fender b.JPG

fender f.JPG

So newly stretched fenders are complete. Way better than that monkey motion joggled pair I had on before. Makes it look a little longer than a short stuffed yeller turd. :flipoff2:

141 - 160 of 183 Posts