Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a complete n00b to reloading but I want to get into it.

Cabela's has the RCBS RC Supreme Master kit for 219 after all rebates and I was thinking about it for Christmas

I'm wondering with the right dies whether this would work for all my guns, 7mm Mag, 7.62 54R, .45 LC and my 9mm handgun?

also any other tips on what I need to get started (other than dies) that that kit doesn't come with?

also with a single stage system is it even worth it? all the progressives seem to cost about twice as much and they don't come with the manual, scale, etc..

·
Blower Binder
645 Posts
Im a big fan of the Dillon square deal b, BUT it only does pistols.

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's a great single stage press, probably cheaper than I've seen it for the last 3 years. You will never be able to crank out as many rounds as fast as a progressive but if you're getting into reloading it's a good way to go.

You will need shell holders in addition to the dies.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
yes..

from Cabela's description..

RCBS RC Supreme Master Reloading Kit
A convenient, cost-saving solution for the beginning reloader or an equipment upgrade for the seasoned expert, the RC Supreme Master Reloading Kit contains virtually all the top-quality equipment needed for precision metallic reloading. The only additional things you'll need to purchase to get started are the dies, shell holder and components. The kit highlights the RC Supreme press. Based on the legendary Rock Chucker press, the RC Supreme offers a superior blend of strength, precision and versatility. It has the same ultra-strong cast-iron construction along with a larger window opening to accommodate today's longer magnum cartridges and an ambidextrous design that ensures comfortable right- or left-hand use. It can also be upgraded to function as a progressive press.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I bought the cheapest Lee kit in case I didn't care for reloading, I wasn't out much.
Isn't 7.62 54R surplus cheap? Just curious why you would reload that?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I bought the cheapest Lee kit in case I didn't care for reloading, I wasn't out much.
Isn't 7.62 54R surplus cheap? Just curious why you would reload that?
i also bought the lee kit with the breechlock press and the hand priming tool it works great love it,i also like the lee trimmer stuff it is super easy and fast

54r surplus is cheap but not so good to hunt with,a 123gr tsx at 3300 fps rocks from a mosin.
i load these for a buddy that uses a sporter mosin for every thing from yotes to elk,deadly on deer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts