Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tired of driving the project truck, blew up the v-6 in my DD this summer, the mechanic grandfather is supposed to be looking into rebuilding it but it is taking forever since he keeps finding new projects, the jetski with a blown engine, the boat that needs winterizing with a blown engine.... decided to just try to find a decent reman engine.... anyone have any suggestions on who is decent to deal with in the mid east? and I know a lot of you are thinking "why not just get a 4.3 vortec or an LT-1?".... trying to keep it simple and it is the daily driver and i drive home most weekends 300miles round trip and in december when i graduate i am gonna end up with a job an hour from home so there is plenty of driving in the future and i am trying not to end up with a hyundai.....

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
RedToyota said:
Getting tired of driving the project truck, blew up the v-6 in my DD this summer, the mechanic grandfather is supposed to be looking into rebuilding it but it is taking forever since he keeps finding new projects, the jetski with a blown engine, the boat that needs winterizing with a blown engine.... decided to just try to find a decent reman engine.... anyone have any suggestions on who is decent to deal with in the mid east? and I know a lot of you are thinking "why not just get a 4.3 vortec or an LT-1?".... trying to keep it simple and it is the daily driver and i drive home most weekends 300miles round trip and in december when i graduate i am gonna end up with a job an hour from home so there is plenty of driving in the future and i am trying not to end up with a hyundai.....

you could probably swap in a 2.4 22re for cheaper than paying someone to rebuild a 3.0v6 :flipoff2: just find a parts truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts