Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There will be a Remembrance get together so that all his family and friends can come together and celebrate how unique and truely special Jason is to all of us.

A website setup to honor him and can be seen at http://www.jasonpaynememorial.com/
Any comments, pictures or video that you would like to add to this website can be sent to [email protected]

There is also a memorial fund setup in Jason's name at the local credit union. All funds will be donated to an Off Road foundation that will soon be determined. The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donation's can be made to support a sport that was very much a part of Jason's life.

Time of Remembrance will be,

Saturday September 1st From 1-5PM

9617 Lake Pyramid Court
Bakersfield, CA 93312

Jason Payne Memorial Fund Donations can be mailed to this address:

Jason Payne Memorial Fund c/o Kern Schools Federal Credit Union
PO Box 9506
Bakersfield, CA. 93389

Or you can call and make a donation by phone. 800.248.3336

I will also be accepting donations on my paypal account and forwarding the funds to the family. [email protected]

There has been a slight change in plans. The remembrance will now be an open house from 1-5pm so that the Family is not overwhelmed with people all at once. A DVD will be made an dplayed during the Open House so please send any videos or pictures you have to the e-mail shown above.

We love you brother!!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I will more than happy to kick in $50 to help out his family. I don't know anything about him or his work but have seen his post and what others has said about him.

Hope it helps

Dean Reed

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
RIP Jason. When I get extra cash, I'll put it down in your name. Your knowledge and sense of humor will be missed. :(

·
Registered
534 Posts
There will be a Remembrance get together so that all his family and friends can come together and celebrate how unique and truely special Jason is to all of us.

A website setup to honor him and can be seen at http://www.jasonpaynememorial.com/
Any comments, pictures or video that you would like to add to this website can be sent to [email protected]

There is also a memorial fund setup in Jason's name at the local credit union. All funds will be donated to an Off Road foundation that will soon be determined. The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donation's can be made to support a sport that was very much a part of Jason's life.

Time of Remembrance will be,

Saturday September 1st @ 1PM

9617 Lake Pyramid Court
Bakersfield, CA 93312

Jason Payne Memorial Fund Donations can be mailed to this address:
Jason Payne Memorial Fund c/o Kern Schools Federal Credit Union
PO Box 9506
Bakersfield, CA. 93389

Or you can call and make a donation by phone. 800.248.3336

I will also be accepting donations on my paypal account and forwarding the funds to the family. [email protected]

We love you brother!!

You migt want to link this thread with the other thread that is already going as well. I would do it, but my forte is not computer's. The second shot is truly an amazing pic of his rig. Once again, for ll of those that are comingover from other website's, if you have not done so, you ought to check out his build thread My Truck+Mogs=Build time. It is here under General 4x4. It is quality craftsmanship, great tech, and some "behind the scenes with Jason" pics as well. All in all a great read. Funny how I have been on Pirate for only a short while, and Jason and his passing has really upset me. I had only communicated with Jason through his build thread, as well as a couple newbie PM's I was too embarrased to ask publicly that of course he answered with all sincerity. I lost my best friend 10 months ago, and still having a hard time gettting over that, so I know how all of his close friends and family are feeling right now.:(

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There has been a slight change in plans. The remembrance will now be an open house from 1-5pm so that the Family is not overwhelmed with people all at once. A DVD will be made an dplayed during the Open House so please send any videos or pictures you have to the e-mail shown above.

I will add a link to the other post.

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
I wanted to make a suggestion for an idea they might donate the money to. I know there are repeaters on the 'con, but perhaps emergency phones could be installed with the money? I guess they'd probably have to be satelite phones w/ solar panels to keep them charged or something like that.

Just an idea.

Jason RIP

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to highschool with J and followed him from his 'there is no need for 4wd' days to present. Going to miss the guy beyond belief. I have hundreds of pics of his rig(s) and him. Give them a look.

http://picasaweb.google.com/deusww/RIPJason02

I was working with J to get together my collection of pics for Dozer's family. I never could have guessed I would be gathering pics of J too...

http://picasaweb.google.com/deusww/Dozer

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear friends of Jason:

I just wanted to let all of the people who are remembering Jason with such fondness that they are really appreciated. I had no idea that my son had touched so many people. I was always very proud of Jason and the human being he had turned out to be. Jason never was one who wanted to stand out in a crowd or to be noticed, he was just happy to be doing what he loved – Jason had always set goals for himself and was very good at accomplishing most everyone, if not all, of them. He got so much pleasure out of turning thoughts and ideas into reality especially when it came to fabricating parts for his beloved truck. He was most happy when he was covered from head to toe in machining oil, metal fragments and old dirt from his truck. His dad and I will always have the fond memories of Jason working on his truck in our driveway totally covered with parts & machinery, making sure he always had plenty of water to drink and shade to work under. Again, we really appreciate all of your kind words about our Jason and we will cherish them forever!

Just one more thought. Please tell people you love that you love them! I always made a point of telling Jason that I loved him especially when he was going on an outing. What all of you do is fun and exciting, but also very treacherous; you just never know what might happen. Jason would get very frustrated with me because I called him so much to check on him but I knew that there was always a possibility that something could happen. He was really good about calling me back and just letting me know that he was OK and having a great time. So please, if at all possible, wherever you are call and let the people who love you know that you’re OK.

Love you all, Jason’s Mom

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Guys, this is Jason's brother. On behalf of myself and my family we want you ALL to know that this is amazing. We all see what is going on here, and on all the other boards, and I want to tell you guys that we do cherish every kind word that is written. I can not believe how many people that he has touched. I want to thank you Esteban, never met you brother, but you have helped more than you can imagine. Well I came onto the boards to really find out what happenned, and couldn't believe what I found a group of "dirt guys" that have some of the biggest hearts in the WORLD! Goiing through the pictures is amazing! This is a side of his life that we only heard about....but it was his LIFE! We the family of Jason Payne thank you for everything said. Please paste this onto the other various boards that are in the group. It's appreciated. Ken Payne

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
I used to talk with Jason on my cell phone. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts