Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Take a Knee
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A client has asked us to live stream a "remote" event that he is co-sponsoring. Anyone here do this professionally and willing to discuss the finer points?

TIA

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
We've used Octoshape and vEvent (intercall) for live streams of our company wide meetings. There is also Skype for Business.

·
Take a Knee
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've used Octoshape and vEvent (intercall) for live streams of our company wide meetings. There is also Skype for Business.
I think the biggest challenge of remote events, besides power, is connectivity. I'm exploring cell bonding but not sure it will handle the bandwidth.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I think the biggest challenge of remote events, besides power, is connectivity. I'm exploring cell bonding but not sure it will handle the bandwidth.
How many locations need to broadcast versus simply view? I can't help much more but that info would help anyone else that can help.

·
Take a Knee
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many locations need to broadcast versus simply view? I can't help much more but that info would help anyone else that can help.
One broadcast "location" with as many as five cameras (three stationary, two roving).

I've done it for fights. Your biggest "obstacle" will be $$. AV equipment gets expensive real quick.
The customer has deep pockets and he is only one of several promoters of the event.

·
For Kayla
25,340 Posts
One broadcast "location" with as many as five cameras (three stationary, two roving).

The customer has deep pockets and he is only one of several promoters of the event.
If you ask a specific question, I can answer it. I used two capture cards and a software switcher.

·
Take a Knee
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you ask a specific question, I can answer it. I used two capture cards and a software switcher.
OK, here are a few:

1. What method did you utilize to upload the stream?
2. Did you have roving or remote cameras? If so, what make & model? Did you set up a local wireless network for connectivity?
3. What make & model of capture cards did you utilize? What switching software? What were the specs on your streaming machine?

·
For Kayla
25,340 Posts
OK, here are a few:

1. What method did you utilize to upload the stream?
2. Did you have roving or remote cameras? If so, what make & model? Did you set up a local wireless network for connectivity?
3. What make & model of capture cards did you utilize? What switching software? What were the specs on your streaming machine?
1. I was using Wirecast, which had a built-in streaming feature (it's a software switcher).
2. I *kinda* did it wrong and so we never really had roving cameras. We tried it a couple times, but most of the time the cage got in the way. I didn't put the system together; someone fucked that up long before the shit fell in my lap. The dude was trying to daisy chain firewire (which has a max length of 15 ft or some shit). If I had the scratch, I would try to use teradek cubes, but those run about $2k.
3. I'm using a 7ish year old desktop with Black Magic Design design capture cards; Intensity, I think. Wirecast pro was the switching software.

Honestly, there are some good all-in-one switchers/monitors these days. The only thing beyond is if you want on screen graphics type stuff. I never really found a great solution for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts