Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a ramsey rep8000 on my rig. Its been a good winch for the money. It comes with remote mount solenoids. There are 2 and they simply reverse the polarity to the winch, which only has 2 terminals. I recently got a good deal on a ramsey platinum 9500, but it wont fit in the mount with the solenoid pack on it. Its not a big deal to remove. But, it has 4 solenoids and, and the winch has 3 terminals. What are the 3 terminals? I know the rep8 is just + and - and you reverse the 2 to change direction, but I am trying to figure out how to run this winch off of my old solenoid pack, cause I already have it mounted where I want it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You need the 5 terminal soleniods for the 9500 (I have one of those as well). Same thing as the old ass 8000 with the three post motors. I don't think there is a way to re-use the soleniods you already have.
Just remove the pack and get another cable to run it remotely.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I figured I would have to do. I curious though, whats the 3rd post do? I mean dc motors usually have 2 terminals, + and -. Why do they have 3?

·
Registered
676 Posts
If I remember right, it actually reverses the ground and power to switch directions. So you get two power posts and a ground.

I need to make mine remote as well. Mainly because I broke the tabs off the soleniod case on mine, and it's just sitting now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts