Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need remove the fill neck to install some walbro pickups.

Is it possible to remove the fill neck on a 2161/2171 RCI fuel cell and get it back without major hassle?
Do one have to fabricate a special tool to hold the bolts in place through the small fill neck or are they glued or welded to a inner support ring, as the hole is too small to be able to hold the bolts by hand?

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
If its like the jaz set up I bought they are on a ring that splits in 2 pieces, kind of like putting a taco through a hole then open it and stick the bolts up through the bolt holes.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I bent a wrench at a 90 degree angle, the rubber gasket held the bolt up just long enough to thread the nuts on from the top. Pita however you do it though. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Sorry what I meant was;
the ring that holds the bolts on sometimes one piece sometimes 2 piece. All of the ones that I have seen have had the bolts tacked to the rings. And the gasket holds the ring in place, to position the top filler.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys trust the aluminum suction tube that's pressed in to the welded fitting or have you removed the suction tube an replaced it with a hose and a bulkhead fitting?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
They must have really changed these fuel cells since I had mine. My cell had welded aluminum bulkhead fittings and a piece of hose shoved over the internal end of it. No hose clamp or anything. It took me forever to diagnose this since when I received my tank, it had already fallen off. I thought I had my plumbing or filters all screwed up and even bought another pump since I wasn't getting any fuel.

My Jaz fuel cell had the same problem. I don't even think the hose they used was submersible hose. Don't even get me started on the foam.

I am sure you have already been warned about the aluminum tabs... don't use them; they will crack off. Buy or make some straps. Artec has the best setup.

/RANT OFF/

Sorry, I don't know if the tubing you're talking about is any good or not.

·
Registered
146 Posts
bolts are pressed upwards through a split plastic ring, gasket holds it on top until top filler is installed.--problems are- bolt heads rip out of the plastic ring VERY easily, gasket wont seal because the welded filler neck is so warped it looks like a pringles potato chip. have fun!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I'll bend a wrench 90* and hope the bolts stay in in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts