Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this? how? maybe cutting the wires and splicing them so that they can plug back into each other easily. any ideas or suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
My buddie with a cherokee cut the wires and hooked up some connectors. It works but its kinda of a pain in the rear every time you take off the doors. i would prefer swapping in some manuel doors.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
low riders have a specail contact switch they use to clean up the door jamb. its just some spring loaded brass balls that are on a base.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm ending up just doing a male/female clip. that seems to be the easiest thing. who ever knew there were so many wires that go to power your windows and locks?! i counted 32 in all four doors of my 4runner.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
my old 4runner (1st gen) had power windows...if I remember there is a factory connector either right in the footwell or in the door, i pulled it out and made it so i could just disconnect it.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Pook said:
my old 4runner (1st gen) had power windows...if I remember there is a factory connector either right in the footwell or in the door, i pulled it out and made it so i could just disconnect it.
X2, there should be a factory connector in there somewhere close to the door jam. Usually in the cab behind the kick panel.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
alright, i hit up seabass44[aka 12voltguy.com] and he pointed me over to painless's site http://www.painlesswiring.com/webcatalog.asp and i found the connector, its called "jamb tac wireless connector" . they come in 1-4 contacts [5 pins if you get the one with the dome light switch]. pn#40021-25 and is in the web catolog under terminals and pigtails, scroll to the bottom of that collum [sp]

·
Registered
93 Posts
They work great when your doors are shut.... i had to replace the hinges on my F150, on the drivers side the damn connector was all the way under the dash, so i said the hell with it and cut the wires. I then bought 3, 5pin weatherpack connectors that i put down in the dirvers kick panel. On the passengerside, i was able to unplug the harness from the pass side kick.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
EarlKann said:
X2, there should be a factory connector in there somewhere close to the door jam. Usually in the cab behind the kick panel.

X3 ......... do it the easy was and cut the kick pannels to make life easier :smokin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts