Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had any luck? I'm looking at an '88 that needs front fenders and I figure there's no way I'll get a matching set. Heat? Chemicals? ??

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,737 Posts
Heat gun/Hair dryer then 3M stuff for removing the glue works pretty good or if you know someone that cooks Meth some straight Xylene!!! Does not hurt the paint either. Oh and alot of elbow grease. Eastwood also has an easer type thing that you chuc into a drill motor. Do not knw how it works.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOP'S said:
if you know someone that cooks Meth
Know someone?? Hell, I cook my own!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
652 Posts
85TrailToy said:

Know someone?? Hell, I cook my own!:flipoff2:
then your trailer should blow up before you need to worry about taking the graphics off :)

dave

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
Auto paint supply store sell a little round rubber eraser that hooks to a drill. It is called a pinstipre remover.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
heat and patience

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
THAT EARASER TOOL KIX ASS...ITS LIKE 15$ BUT WELL WORTH IT

·
Registered
509 Posts
ok that's cool for taking them off:D but what if you want to replace them to make the truck look better? does anyone know of a source for factory style replacement graphics? i would like to have some for the g/f's 85 runner. :D

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Use a heat gun and then kerosene to get the glue off. Let the kerosene soak in for 10 min or so to loosen up the glue and it will wipe off with a rag. Thats how I did it to my old 88 , of coarse that was in 89 :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wait for a warm day. It's easier than the heat gun, and a heat gun can bubble the paint if you're not careful. If it's warm out they come off really easy. I used a popsicle stick to peel with, and WD 40 to get the glue off. Then wash the hell out of it two times and wax it when you're done.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
rocks, lottttttts of rocks....

The body guy at work uses that eraser deal, and its the ticket....
The problem with a heat gun is if they are really old, they will crack as you try to peel it off even when hot...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've used about 10 of those eraser wheels. Removing every factory sticker from my rigs. They kick ass. Just make sure you don't go past the little limit line. Because there's a medal ring that holds the rubber on and will fawk up your paint. Then you'll wish you would have left the stickers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts