Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1984 chevy blazer. im installing a superlift 6" lift kit. I have to remove te steering arm in order to install the new one that came with the kit. But the steering arm won't budge... i have tried everything and it won't move at all... can someone plz help me out .....thanxs

·
Registered
18 Posts
sunny said:
I have a 1984 chevy blazer. im installing a superlift 6" lift kit. I have to remove te steering arm in order to install the new one that came with the kit. But the steering arm won't budge... i have tried everything and it won't move at all... can someone plz help me out .....thanxs

Beat it like it oooo's ya money

·
Registered
443 Posts
Torch, probably not the best idea unless it's very very stuck, but try this method first...
1- Spray PB Blaster down on the studs, up from underneath the arm into the crack between it and the knuckle, let it set maybe even tap on the arm a bit.
2-Bang on the front of the arm (If you're looking at it from the top and it looks like a "U" or a "V"...the point or middle of the "U") with a 5 lb hammer, you'll probably have to beat it for 2 or 3 minutes straight.
3-the conical spacers around the studs should have started backing out by this point...you can get a chisel, or screw driver on them and "back them out" (even though they're not threaded, this works).
4-Work the arm back and forth and it's off.

By the way, I tried to get one off about 2 weeks ago and banged on it for about 2 hours and got nothing...I tried this method and it was off in a matter of 5 or 10 minutes at the most.

-Chad

·
Registered
142 Posts
When I did mine, I beat on that crap for two days till it came off. One of those swedges on the stud that would not come out. Persistance is the key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts