Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the snap ring out and I tried turning the wheel with the knuckles strapped to the frame (resistane) with no luck. The jeep won't start because there is no gas tank and I opened the top cap and reinstalled it after some fluid loss. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Insayn said:
I pulled the snap ring out and I tried turning the wheel with the knuckles strapped to the frame (resistane) with no luck. The jeep won't start because there is no gas tank and I opened the top cap and reinstalled it after some fluid loss. Am I missing something?
If your planning to tap the cap for hydro assist just drill a small hole in the cap screw a screw in it and pull the cap off, that is how I did mine..

If your not doing hydro assist I dunno! :(

·
Premium Member
4,936 Posts
Jack the front of the rig up. Let the wheels hang loose. Turn the steering wheel ALL the way to one side. If you have the snap ring off, it will pop the cap off. Unfortunately, I can't recall which way to turn the steering wheel :p

·
Premium Member
4,546 Posts
you can do all that if you want a big mess, or put a punch in the lil hole on top of the box near the cap and beat the piss out of it till it pops out.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes WanderingWilly...I searched, but didn't have time to go through the 10 pages of junk because I was doing it right then. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Remove the pitman arm or the drag link, your steering stops are preventing you from turning the steering wheel far enough to pop the cap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts