Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced an o2 sensor in a friend's 2001 Tacoma reg cab, 4cyl. 5 spd. It fixed the 'check engine' light but on the way home he said it was missing badly.

Could it be that driving it while running lean (bad o2 sensor) could have goofed up the plug(s)?

I don't think that my putting on a different o2 sensor (came from a different truck) could cause it to miss like that. You would think that if the sensor was bad or malfunctioning that it would kick on the check engine light again.

Thoughts, suggestions????:confused:

Vinnie
[email protected]

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I disconnected the battery for approx 10 min and hooked it back up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
WTF? If it's not the plugs I would check the coils/wires they don't seem to seat very well and can back off. That is something I have never experienced but have heard happening to a couple people while wheeling. good luck:confused:

I had a wire sit about 1/8" or more above the surface but it was running fine when I discovered it and pushed it down.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Did you use a new grounded O2 gasket ?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leonel said:
Did you use a new grounded O2 gasket ?
Never heard of that. The gasket didn't even come off. I just took the old one off and put the new one on. Sealed up great.

Besides, it cured the check engine light problem. I think I will run the self diag tomorrow and see if the code still flashes even though the 'light' isn't on.

I think it's prob the plugs though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts