Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
READING DSC'S THREAD ON TAKING HIS TOP OFF REMINDED ME THAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR REPLACEMNT RUBBER FOR A COUPLE OF THINGS, AND WOULD RATHER NOT PAY MARV FOR THEM.

GASKET FOR BASE OF WINDSHEILD
WETHERSTRIP THAT HOLDS WINDOWS IN TOP AND WINDSEHILD
GASKET FOR BASE OF TOP

ANYONE HAVE ANY CHEAP MATCHES? WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS GOTTEN THIS STUFF? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A SOURCE OF JUST RUBBER STRIP, AROUND 3" WIDE AND 1/8 THICK, WHICH I THINK I COULD USE FOR THE TOP AND WINDSHEILD GASKETS, PLUS I NEED IT FOR PREVENTING METAL-METAL CONTACT THAT WILL WEAR THROUGH THINGS LIKE THE BASE OF MY RADIATOR. THANKS

MATT

·
Registered
797 Posts
For the hardtop to the tub seal, I use that two sided tape that is used to seal camper shells to the bed on pickups. Just peel off one side so it only sticks to the hardtop.

·
Banned
471 Posts
rubber seal for hard top and stuff

I am not sure what kind of rubber insulators you neeb for the radiator and such but i've used sliced sections of innertube and that holds up to weather and abrasion very well. Just use emblem adhesive (3M brand available @ any parts stores).
That seems to adhere better than the weatherstrip adhesive.
Just a suggestion!:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought, but you can probably scrounge a mudflap,preferably plain that you can use a cheepass Chinamaneese punch set and a vise to punch out about any round rubber washer, isolator, dampner, body mount etc. You can't cleanly drill the shit, but if I want square, I cut it on a bandsaw then punch around hole in it for the fastener. I've also used truck innertubes for the same applications where I needed thinner pieces.
"My sister was sooo ugly, Daddy tied a mudflap to her ass to keep the dogs from fuckin' her on the way to school"
I put a piece of cutting board, HMWPE? behind the mudflap and get a clean cut W/O trashing the cutter.
Works for me.
Ed Long

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i've got a couple of the w/s on the base of the windshield...i'll send you one for the cost of shipping

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
MATT!!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING... I GOT TONS OF WEATHERSTRIPPING...SERIOUSLY DUDE....I COULD HAVE DRAGGED IT TO DINNER TONIGHT... CALL ME IF YOUR STILL IN TOWN TOMORROW...:D

If not, drop me an email and we can chat some more... BTW it was good to meet you and Sean.... be glad you arn't in trouble lie Sean and Andre are... :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DIDNT GET NEARLY ENOUGH SLEEP LAST NIGHT TO DRIVE BACK TO SANTA FE, SO I'M STILL HERE. I'LL PROBOLY LEAVE TOMARROW OR WENSDAY. I'LL GIVE YOU A CALL LATER THIS AFTERNOON-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts