Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut out the bed of my Eb.. and plan to use several removeable (riveted in) pieces of aluminum as the bed, im going to stick the fuel cell through the bed, and put my rear seat on top of it. the only problem i can see is the whole dissimiliar metal issue. i've heard things like aluminum oxidizes next to steel or something? i'm really not familiar with the subject...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It has worked fine for me so far having aluminum panels riveted onto my flatbed. I took a few precations to avoid the aforementioned anodic sacrifice of the aluminum. I painted the flatbed well with primer & paint. I also sprayed all of the aluminum panels with clear polyurithane. The lasr precation I took was to use stainless steel rivets. You sholdn't have any problems wiht your aluminum loosing electrons to the steel if you take these precations.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, and that's more than i plan on doing but sweet lord that's awesome, good work! :eek:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
If you want to take it a step farther, use a double sided tape between the aluminum and steel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts