Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My slave cylinder finally let go during the cold spell last month, it had been leaking for awhile as I was trying to limp for awhile with it as I was planning on swapping a t18 in.

It's a 92 with the 4 litre, internal slave cylinder.

Anyone have the step by step on this.

Damn new slave costs over $200.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Cutch, Darrell here.

I am going to do a T18 swap this spring/summer myself. I already have a T176 bellhousing and the T18/NP208 combo is at my friend's place. My Peugeot tranny is sold. I just need to get rid of my NP231 w/ JB SYE.

Do you have a T18 tranny already? If you have a T176 or T150 bellhousing, the swap should be nearly as easy as replacing an internal slave cylinder!

I saw that Craig replied to you over on JU about the internal slave thing. I haven't done one yet myself, so I can't really help there. My slave and/or master died last week, which is why I am ready to do the tranny swap.

I leave tomorrow for a roadtrip to Tellico, NC in my 82 Wagoneer. Should be a good spring break :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My original plan was to tow the Jeep to places... so I was going to go with a t18 (which I have) so I would get a better crawl ratio, and then when the slave let go and it costs $200 and then I would swap the t18 in ($400 for adapters) it started to add up too fast and too much.

So why put $200 into a tranny just to turn around and sell it.
I could put that money to a transfer case for better crawl ratio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts