Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had several PMs for the same stuff so here are the pics.

The first is my inner fender trim and battery mount.

The second set shows how far forward my spring mount is moved for the 57" Ford springs mounted backwards. My truck was a long wheel base of about 131" to start. My rear axle is 9" forward of stock. It's pretty obvious how much it's off comparing it to the hump in the frame.

If anyone needs any thing else let me know.

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the factory battery tray and cut the back of it off. It still bolts to the core support in the factory location, but I ran some brace rods to it since the inner fenders normally support it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just moved the hangars and crossmember forward and drilled all new holes. Everything is just like factory, but forward. I can't remember how much forward right now. I think it's like 11-12 inches. The 57's are longer than the factory springs and the axle is forward 9".

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This shows how much frame is left over.

The bags of sand and tire are simulating the weight of a spare, fuel cell, and high-lift jack.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And chopped. I'll take a little more off the frame once I'm finished inboarding the springs.

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks a ton for the pictures bud! That helps me a lot on my rig I'm hoping to work on some this summer...I'm taking a 78 Plymouth Trailduster FRAME and using FT 3/4 ton axles and springs with probably a 4 or 5 inch suspension lift..318/727/NP203 and put a truck cab on it and a shorty flat bed and probably run 38s or maybe even 40s!:D Well thats my plans anyway...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts