Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looked at the fox and blistein 7100's any others?

which are the best for the buck. I am looking for an affordable reservior shock. where is the cheapest place to buy them?

thanks

Jeff

·
Mr. Personality
10,288 Posts
jeffseal said:
looked at the fox and blistein 7100's any others?

which are the best for the buck. I am looking for an affordable reservior shock. where is the cheapest place to buy them?

thanks

Jeff
I just got a set of Bilsteins 7100 series for the front of my rig.. 148 bucks each, remote reservoir

·
Mr. Personality
10,288 Posts
twistedmetal said:
The remote res. are unnecessary unless you run desert races. Save the money for limit straps or something useful in rock crawling.;)
i would have to say that getting more travel out of a shorter shock body is pretty usefull. And at only 40 bucks more each... I just couldnt say no! :D

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Azzy2000 said:

i would have to say that getting more travel out of a shorter shock body is pretty usefull. And at only 40 bucks more each... I just couldnt say no! :D
That is EXACTLY why everyone sees them on rockcrawlers! I was waiting for that. I understand "throwing them in" but I don't understand "looking for the best remote res.".

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Doesn't Bilstein have a new one as well, besides the 7100s? I think they're a remote version of the 5100s - apparently fairly cheap too.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Check out the Doesch (sp?) Tech resevoir style shocks. I saw some coilover style ones at Autofab that seemed to be fairly cheaper than other brands. Be aware also that most resevoir style shocks have a longer body by about 2" than most regular "Rancho" style shocks--that means you may have to rework your shock loops to compensate so you don't end up loosing shock travel when you upgrade.

Jason :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts