Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reverse the pittman arm and get opposite steering?!

Challenge accepted:

https://youtu.be/lKotXJF2v_A

Looks easy to modify on an xj. Could be done on any steering gear without indexed splines I suppose.

I don't have any rigs I'd be willing to wreck for the sake of science and a good laugh.

I know there are people that are going to attempt this. And I hope it gets put online to see!

Here's to thinning out the herd!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If my grandmother was still alive, I would put her up against anyone in that challenge. She drove a shuttle car in the coal mine that had reverse steering when going in to the mine and normal coming back out (IIRC, that may be backwards). She bought a kids steering wheel toy and taught herself how to steer opposite when riding with another driver to be able to drive the shuttle car back and forth.

Cool story I know, but she worked underground at the mine up into her 60's.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
If my grandmother was still alive, I would put her up against anyone in that challenge. She drove a shuttle car in the coal mine that had reverse steering when going in to the mine and normal coming back out (IIRC, that may be backwards). She bought a kids steering wheel toy and taught herself how to steer opposite when riding with another driver to be able to drive the shuttle car back and forth.

Cool story I know, but she worked underground at the mine up into her 60's.
Interesting research article on those cars and learning to drive them. In summary: Younger adults made fewer errors in incompatible trials than older adults in experiment

Effect of Age on Learning to Drive a Virtual Coal Mine Shuttle Car -
https://benthamopen.com/contents/pdf/TOERGJ/TOERGJ-4-112.pdf

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Steer from bottom of steering wheel. Left is right, right is left

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
same as vic box to truck box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts