Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a set of aux. reverse lights to the reverse circuit. Its only pulling 8amps with a 10 amp fuse. The reverse switch blew when I went from neutral to reverse and back again. Its an 86 sami so stuff on its old. So anyways I went to the local auto parts store and tried to get a new one. The said not available. My question is do any of you know if parts like the switches that go on the stock tranny are interchangable with a different tranny? Im sure the connector will need to be changed but all I need is the part that goes in the transmission. If not I'll just get one at the junkyard.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
most all the same.... atleast zuek wise.... Im sure other aisn import trannys would have a similer switch... Ive got a few dud trannys if you want one let me know....

And in case you havnt already id put a RELAY into your circuit thats a lot of juice to have switched like that....

Also as a general comment, Id wire up a switch so its normally in "auto" so it works like normal but also have it override so you dont need to be "in" reverse to have those lights on..... Sucks when you having to fiddle in the back or provide lights for others when the rig is runnign In revese.........

-yag

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah thats a good Idea, I just ran a toggle switch for right now, but I like your Idea of just being able to use them for other things then just backing up. I think Ill add that relay tonight and just leave it on a toggle, but Ill kep you in mind if I want to run it the way you suggested. Thanks again.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts