Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dual t case set up with rf1a top shifts i believe both are. The intermediate shaft is the big 23 spline and the rear case has 4.7 gears. Looking to do a 5.3 vortec and im going to be rough on it what everyone opinion on keeping these or going with the 4l60e and 205 or even an sm465 with 205.... whats the thoughts? Just buy a $2500 atlas lol?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I have a dual t case set up with rf1a top shifts i believe both are. The intermediate shaft is the big 23 spline and the rear case has 4.7 gears. Looking to do a 5.3 vortec and im going to be rough on it what everyone opinion on keeping these or going with the 4l60e and 205 or even an sm465 with 205.... whats the thoughts? Just buy a $2500 atlas lol?
Yep

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i guess i personally havent priced a sticker new one ever just kind of forum ones that guys buy and never use or use a season or so.... i could imagine they are not cheap.... does anyone i guess the limitations of the rf1a's or am i the only one on this planet that would be stupid enough to try it?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'd think the only chance you got is a 3k lbs or less rig with 37s or smaller even then the perfect storm could eat it.
*edit i think its would last decent if you wheel smart! but you said you are going to be rough on it so.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, what did you end up doing? I’m in the process of putting a stock 5.3, th350 and dual cases. Both are 2.28 but have 23 spline inputs. I’m only running 35’s. But I’m building my 4runner more for the sand dunes and occasional crawling around the hills here in Arizona. Nothing to drastic on the crawling.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
So, what did you end up doing? I’m in the process of putting a stock 5.3, th350 and dual cases. Both are 2.28 but have 23 spline inputs. I’m only running 35’s. But I’m building my 4runner more for the sand dunes and occasional crawling around the hills here in Arizona. Nothing to drastic on the crawling.
id go atlas the duals even with 35s will be th weak link and the cost is about the same as an atlas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts