Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll add some text later tonite or tomorrow. Searched and found no info prior to jumping in here.
Truck came from Oz
Butch

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mirror image Sag box??
It's a secret:smokin::flipoff2::flipoff2:
I got at least 8 hrs of R & D there.......just to find one that would work.....

Butch

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Chevy PU box with the internals from a Van sag box (spins backwards)

Actually, does it even really need to go backwards?
I doubt it..

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
obviously all the ps brake stuff for a RHD rig can be bought down under but it's expensive, like $800-1000 and then you have to get it over here.

so i've been tossing some ideas around. as soon as i get it figured out, i'll post up about it. trying to keep it mostly OEM toyota with stuff that's available right here in the USA! :smokin:

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now go try that on a 2h! :flipoff2:
I reckon the only difference is the pump mounting.........bring it on. You got the money I can do it.
Butch

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
it ain't that easy on a 2H butch; :rasta:

you would'nt be able to cheat by using a 2F alternator bracket to mount yer ps pump! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
it ain't that easy on a 2H butch; :rasta:

you would'nt be able to cheat by using a 2F alternator bracket to mount yer ps pump! :flipoff2:

Where do ya get it's cheating?
It didn't exactly fall in there......

I can handle it, I've always been good a fitting large things into tight spaces:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
like your head thru a doorway?! :laughing:

the 2F alt bracket is a good idea though! :beer:

·
Registered
669 Posts
How bout this, Butch is a big tease?

But he sure does like to eat the sausage! :flipoff2:

Here is the truck put together.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Here is the truck put together.

That first pic is too perfect. Looks like the left front shock absorber is attached to an FJ60-type steering rod. Typical Texas engineering!:flipoff2:

Seriously Butch, I think any good sbx rebuilder knows which boxes are reverse rotation. I did one a while back and IIRC my rebuilder said something about using Ford van internals. And that was in a Scout type box to boot!

Still, it looks purdy clean. Relay rod especially.:grinpimp:

Best

Mark A.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
so i've been tossing some ideas around. as soon as i get it figured out, i'll post up about it. trying to keep it mostly OEM toyota with stuff that's available right here in the USA! :smokin:
I have a couple of RHD prado steering boxes, similar to 60 series but with a flatter pitman arm. How many do you want ? :D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Mark meant to say drag link, since it came from Mark's Off Road.........BTW Mark I have a part number for an SAE tie rod for the pitman arm end that is 4'' longer than the one supplied in case anyone needs this as we did.

You do not need a reverse rotation box, simply one that mounts on the other side of the truck.....anyone that needs this info, can PM me for it, but I am not posting it in open forum........there are some guys that would put together an exclusive kit for it with my info:mad3::mad3:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts