·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know anything about this guy.

RICHARD CORBETT ASSUMES FISH AND WILDLIFE POST

RICHARD CORBETT ASSUMES FISH AND WILDLIFE POST

February 14, 2003

Richard A. “Dick” Corbett of Tampa is the newest member of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). On Feb. 5, Gov. Jeb Bush appointed Corbett, a real estate developer/investor to serve a five-year term on the Commission.

Corbett, 64, will serve on the seven-member Commission that governs Florida’s fish and wildlife resources. He replaces Dr. Quinton Hedgepeth of Miami, whose term expired in January. Dr. Hedgepeth served 12 years on the Commission.

“I am excited about the opportunity to serve on the Commission,” Corbett said. “My passion is conserving and preserving Florida’s woodlands and its fish and wildlife resources for future generations to enjoy. The preservation of our wild areas is so critical because of the incredible population growth we face. We have got to be good land stewards and be very, very careful about the decisions we make on the remaining habitat that we have.”

Corbett and his wife, Cornelia, a member of Tall Timbers Research Station and the Red Hills Conservation Program, currently co-manage the 16,000-acre Pinckney Hill Plantation in Monticello. The north Florida plantation has been family-owned for nearly 80 years and is managed for the preservation of fish and wildlife.

Corbett, an Eagle Scout, said he is an avid sportsman.

“I’ve fished and hunted since I was 8 years old in upstate New York,” Corbett said. “This has helped me develop an appreciation for our natural resources and a drive to preserve our resources for future generations to enjoy.”

He graduated as president of his class at Notre Dame in 1960 with a bachelor’s degree in English and history. In 1964, he earned a master’s degree in business administration from Harvard Business School.

The Corbetts haves four adult children. Corbett enjoys hunting, fishing, diving, skiing and golf.

Corbett is on the board of directors and board of trustees for Tampa General Hospital as well as on the board of directors for the Florida Council on Economic Education and the Hillsborough Education Foundation. He also is active in various community programs and organizations, including the Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Museum of Science and Industry and the Boy Scouts of America.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.