Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that most people on PBB are like me and DIYers but I have been thinking about something.

Do you think people would be interested in an AR Package?

I have been looking at a lot of the little items that are used and have been thinking. I get some of the stuff at a pretty good rate to begin with. order in bulk and the shipping is less. I can build up a package for what I believe to be a good rate and pass the deal along.

For example:
16" HB chrome lined rifle with flat top upper, 6-pos stock, A2 style carry handle.
Hardig Storm hard case
Black soft case
4 Brownells mags
Muzzle cap
Front sight adjustment tool
3-point Sling
Army M4 Tech Manual
USGI Cleaning Kit

all for 999

Thoughts?

Could add a .22 Conversion k1ts w/2 mags 150
Can also have some other options, grips, stocks, rails, sights.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
I know that most people on PBB are like me and DIYers but I have been thinking about something.

Do you think people would be interested in an AR Package?

I have been looking at a lot of the little items that are used and have been thinking. I get some of the stuff at a pretty good rate to begin with. order in bulk and the shipping is less. I can build up a package for what I believe to be a good rate and pass the deal along.

For example:
16" HB chrome lined rifle with flat top upper. A2 style carry handle.
Hardig Storm hard case
Black soft case
4 Brownells mags
Muzzle cap
Front sight adjustment tool
3-point Sling
Army M4 Tech Manual
USGI Cleaning Kit

all for 999

Thoughts?
Could add a .22 Conversion k1ts w/2 mags 150
that's a great package :) i say go for it. i bet you'd sell a few.

·
Registered
39,918 Posts
I'd say you've got a good start. Maybe throw in some printed documents on takedown/cleaning/re-assembly, along with basic maintenance stuff and possibly some "don't ever do this" things, like fawking with the gas block if you're a moron. :D I'm going through the process of buying some of the stuff listed, since I'm a new scary black rifle owner, but have exactly ZERO experience with an AR or any other gun that's not an old school ******* hunting firearm! :laughing:

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
varment setup:
flat top with bull barrel full float blaablaablaa
6-whateverthefuck X zoom big ass scope
bipod
soft bag and/or shooting mat

and a beer cozie and camo umbrella :D

·
Premium Member
46,291 Posts
how about an Springfield Scout/Squad with a fixed long relief 4x scope for a grand?

never hurts to ask, especially when the guy being asked is in the next state. :D

·
Registered
39,918 Posts
How 'bout a "safe queen" package. It doesn't matter what make/model the gun is, as long as it's all shiny black, and comes with a certificate stating that it's super badass and will kill people just for the fun of it. I mean, they only get shown to people for the shock effect anyway, right? :laughing: Maybe you could also throw in a couple of inert grenades, a bayonet, and some belted ammo. (note: ammo does not actually need to match any rifle that the buyer owns, since they won't know the difference anyway.) :laughing:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
How 'bout a "safe queen" package. It doesn't matter what make/model the gun is, as long as it's all shiny black, and comes with a certificate stating that it's super badass and will kill people just for the fun of it. I mean, they only get shown to people for the shock effect anyway, right? :laughing: Maybe you could also throw in a couple of inert grenades, a bayonet, and some belted ammo. (note: ammo does not actually need to match any rifle that the buyer owns, since they won't know the difference anyway.) :laughing:
Don't forget to add the plate carrier and class III plates, knee pads, and all the other mall ninja stuff.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I dunno - my next few AR purchases are kinda a mix and match of applications and performance expecations. For what it's worth - here are the next 4 AR's I will buy within the next year.

Rock River Varmint - 24" barrel - Ace Skeleton - Hogue foregrip and pistol grip

Bushmaster .450 - non carbine length

Rock River LAR-8 (or whatever name they settle on finally) Varmint

S&W Tactical (love the rail system and flip up iron sights) would be a LMT if I could afford it -

Doubt it helps you any - but may give some insight into what our deviant minds are cranking through.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Team up with Rockstomper. Throw in a synthetic winch rope (hey, it's a sling) with the gun. And maybe some rusty ass scrap steel carved into a picatinny rail, too. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Team up with Rockstomper. Throw in a synthetic winch rope (hey, it's a sling) with the gun. And maybe some rusty ass scrap steel carved into a picatinny rail, too. :flipoff2:
Ouch...
I went out and got new non-rusty steel to make rail out of... but I made a lot of it into blue chips.

Ooh, that's what I shoulda sent Doc... a great big box of blue metal chips. Take glitterbombing to a whole new (and razor sharp :eek: ) level! :evil:

I like the rifle package deal idea. Sounds like a pretty good deal for all that at a grand, even--it's not bargain-basement, but it's a lot more stuff than a bargain-basement rifle, for not a lot more money.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Ouch...
I went out and got new non-rusty steel to make rail out of...
Whoops. That wasn't quite what I meant.

I wasn't referring to your first steel rail. I meant you need to go pull something really rusty out of the scrap bin, and make rail out of that.

Looking back, it wasn't remotely funny - no matter how you read it. :(

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Whoops. That wasn't quite what I meant.

I wasn't referring to your first steel rail. I meant you need to go pull something really rusty out of the scrap bin, and make rail out of that.

Either way, looking back, it wasn't funny. :(

:flipoff2:
Eh, it's all good, I've got thicker skin than that, I'm just screwing around after a long day.

I have had to watch the cutting oil to water ratio lately (we do actually use a bio-friendly water-soluble cutting fluid on the mill, and if the blend is off, it either doesn't clean off well, or it insta-rusts parts) because of how hot it's been--the water evaporates out a lot faster than in wintertime.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good luck on that one :flipoff2: At least they quit saying it will be released in a month or so about 6 months ago :shaking:
Its not any better in .22 either
I have an open order with RRA for 6 different .223 uppers (8-12 weeks)
Two complete kits (8-12 weeks)
10 Lowers (February)

Stag on the other hand, who uses the same CMT forgings as RRA told me they can ship tomorrow.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Evil-Black-Rifle beer coozie is a great idea. Cafe Press next stop.

The shooting mat is a great idea.
Damn it, no coozies :(

http://www.cafepress.com/evilblackrifles

On the shooting mat should I look into one of those combo mat/bags? I have only ever seen one in person and it failed both tasks IMHO.

So the basic carbine package as mentioned.

The HP package, a NM rifle, case, mat, and a complete .22 NM upper. Include a single round mag for the slow fire stages.

Varmit package. Long HB. Harris bipod. match trigger. Adjustable stock. Case and mat.

Tactical package. Use the M4, add on rails, flip up front and rear. Case.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just bought a Delton flattop upper in 6.8spc 16" heavy barrel with 4 rail handguard, 2 rail gasblock,and yhm flip ups for $650. Then i bought a Dpms lower with a2 stock for $200. Your deal sound pretty good though. Gun shows rule...Next weekend im picking up some magpul handgaurd covers and grip to match my od and tan duracoat paint. Oh yeah. I got out mister cutoff wheel and dremel and skeletonized the a2 stock...Looks ok. Vermin is the gayest person i know.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts