Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniel just sent me this pic that he sent to the laser cutter trying to figure out how to make it work for my rim's.The problem is keeping the eye's in there and the whole effect.I was thinking since they are 3/8" thick just put a small piece of material between the 2 eyes and a small piece on the outside of the eyes.Or maybe just cut it out like a stencil to keep the effect.Any ideas let me know and I will suggest them.Thx

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My only suggestion is that you are more likely to recieve your rims on time, and as promised from a Nigerian swindler, than you are from USA 6x6. Search around here for the many problms people have had dealing with him...

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of people here say bad thing's but here are a lot of people in my area that say alot of good thin'g also.I only live about a hour and half from there so atleast I can drive up there and get them when they are done.He told me 3 week's after he gets the ok.He also told me 2 days for the pic and had them in a few hour's.I just like to judge people on my own but thank's for watching my back bro.... :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
he told us we'd have our wheels 3 weeks after they were ordered, as they were a stock pattern. (he charged us immediately) 6 months later after constant phone calls we finally recieved the last of our 5 wheels, and none of them run true.

Finally, the wheel design he is using for his two piece wheels was created by Stazworks, and he was supposed to be a vendor for them, instead, he took one of their rims to a local shop, and started having them copy them, all the while telling Stazworks that no one was buying them, or showing any interest in buying them...

I know for a fact that I will go out of my way to avoid ever suffering from having to do business with him again...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Do yourself a huge favor, and take your business elsewhere. When the whole "bash daniel" thread was started last year, it was literaly the day after I ordered my wheels. But I was like you and wanted to make up my own mind. I thought everyone was just fallowing camo. Long story short.... my wheels werent done on the date I was promissed. And when he finally said they were done, I drove 200 miles to find they werent. He bribed me with a free set of hummer wheels and some bs excuses to get me by until mine were finished. Well.... 2 friends liked my wheels, and against my advice, ordered some. same story. A bunch of BS lies, and neither were right the first time. I hate to try to ruin someones business, cause thats how poeple eat, but the truth is he is a lying POS and he doesnt deserve your business. I havent had any dealings with stazworks, but he has a good rep. Even though he is farther away, I would bet you will have wheels quicker than from daniel, and probably right the 1st time. Im not trying to start up another daniel thread, just trying to save you some headache. Oh......he also makes you pay up front, so he has you by the balls. oh... cool design

·
Registered
69 Posts
John at Stazworks is great to deal with. I had him make some 20" rims and they are great. I had no problem getting them on time, which is one thing I can't say for Daniel.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
TheRipper said:
Alot of people here say bad thing's but here are a lot of people in my area that say alot of good thin'g also.I only live about a hour and half from there so atleast I can drive up there and get them when they are done.He told me 3 week's after he gets the ok.He also told me 2 days for the pic and had them in a few hour's.I just like to judge people on my own but thank's for watching my back bro.... :D

It looks like people are still having trouble getting wheels from him
http://usa6x6forums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2900

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
behind the steel rim run an aluminum ring, have all the eyes cut out of it, to be really bling have the aluminum ring annodized red. have the ring attach with little studs or such behind the steel part of the rim

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
A good friend of mine just went through it with him. Consant delays and mistakes, finally the wheels show up...15x12 double beadlock for rockwells.

1) PVC piece was too wide and there was no way the wheel halves would meet
(he shaved them down with a band saw)

2) The bolts holding the two wheel halves together are so close to the lugs, you can't fit a standard 1.5" socket on your lug nuts.
(he welded smaller nuts to the rockwell lugs)

3) Wheel was way out of round, sent it back, is now true but has about 1/4-1/2" more backspacing now from material they took off...kinda screwed him on clearance for his steering arms.

4) Daniel sent him the most ghetto looking wheel spacers I have ever seen to make up for it.

5) Paint was a joke - didn't make it through shipping.

I ordered 2 brake kits from him and they arrived when they said it would - cool kit.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think I can elaborate quite a bit on that deisgn, I can work on it in the morning a little bit. I have some ideas in mind that can really look sharp.
take a look at a recent design for a customer,

:smokin: These have a little attitude!

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
CJ Lagos said:
A good friend of mine just went through it with him. Consant delays and mistakes, finally the wheels show up...15x12 double beadlock for rockwells.

3) Wheel was way out of round, sent it back, is now true but has about 1/4-1/2" more backspacing now from material they took off...

Damn 1/4 -1/2" that was a hell of a cut.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I think on the skull and cross bones you should not cut them out, only have the eyes drop out and leave some small parts connected at the ends of the bones so they are only tracings if you will. They won't be obvious but a cool detail for those who look closer.
If you don't buy the stuff from me then do buy it from John!:D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
maybe you should pre-empt and call this "CUSTOMER SERVICE We have never had ONE customer with a problem we refused to help/correct. If you have a question or problem let us help :) 1-580-351-0600"

-ben

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
here is one idea,
what do you think?

John

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts