Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most should already know but Mark Smith passed away lastnight/this morning. Who knows where this sport or even this board would be today without him. So next time you are on the con look up and give a thanks to the man who showed us what rock crawling is.

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
RIP.
A true pioneer.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Thanks for the memories you have provided to so many of us. RIP.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mark, you will be missed. Gone but not forgotten. Your legacy will out live all of us.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
he bought me a wonderful meal at jeep jamboree once,as I'm sure he did many people.
a very nice man, was a pleasure to meet him.
Jim

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
A sad day indeed. RIP Mr. Smith.
He had some pretty cool adventures in his life.
Darien Gap comes to mind and of course the Jeepers Jamboree venues that spread across the country.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mark Smith was an Icon for the wheeling sport. He and many others are the main reason the Rubicon trail still exists. It is a sad day for our sport.

My prayers go out to the Smith Family.

Marks legacy will live on forever.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
RIP to the original Jeep Master

·
Master Tinkerer
1,319 Posts
RIP..............

I can't think of one other person who has affected the industry more to promote wheeling then Mr. Smith. A true icon of the wheeling world.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
RIP, Mark. The trail will miss you. I certainly will. I can't think of anyone that embodied the Rubicon more than you. An industry leader, a personal mentor, and a guy I looked to for advice, regularly.

A sad day:(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts