Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want an air rivet gun.......dunno why lol

Harbor Freight sells a cheaper unit for like $40 on sale most of the time.... or high dollar ones can reach $300.

Anyone have experience either way?

I tried search but "gun" is too short

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
pull rivets or solid rivets. :confused: :flipoff2:

Tom :usa:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno.........pull I suppose.

Where can I get a solid rivet gun? I'd guess those aren't cheap......?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Are you building an airplane? :D In most situations solid rivets are overkill and you must have access to both sides of your work to install. Blind (pop) rivets will work fine for non structural stuff like putting sheetmetal sides on a buggie. And you dont need to get to both sides to install.

I have no experiance with HF air pop rivet gun.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
It works killer. We got one for putting all the aluminum panels in my dads kit car. Theres something like 2000 rivets or something. We got the "aircraft" one cuz they didnt have the regular one in stock.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
frankenfab said:
I have this one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=167

It is only rated for up to 3/32", but I got a 1/4 inch nosepiece for it from a tool dealer. I have used it to set countless 1/4" steel rivets (as are used on window regulators). No complaints at all.

This one is rated to 1/4".......

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=1668

we use those here at work. Best part is if you find a dingy girl at the counter and have your receipt if it craps out on you they will replace it under the waranty AND GIVE YOU THE RECEIPT BACK! So if and when it craps out again. Repeat step one. They work great for the most part. And we're talkin bout guys using them daily puttin together about 12 vents a day w/ roughly 80 rivets per vent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts