Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey i'm new to the site and i was wondering if anyone has this bumper and if you do or know someone who does, what do you think about them.

thanks

Road Rhino Dodge HD Winch Bumper Military Grade Armor | eBay
its just under 1/4 inch so it pretty stout, my opinion is it will look great on a tow rig or work truck or maybe a expedition style truck. but it probly cost a arm and a leg, if yo want somthing for crawling ide pick somthing thats lighter and gives a better aproach angle.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Wow, they are 5 miles from my house, I am going to drop by and see what they look like tomorrow. I'll post up when I do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm not of one for rock cawling in my current rig, but i do alot of off roading with my trailer, taking my quads out. always hitting bad mud or sand, i'm always having to explore trails to pull stuck quads and utv's out. so i'm looking for something that can take a little beating but still look good once we are heading home. i liked the look of them and the fact i can bolt a winch to them and have it behind the bumper away from the action.

thanks for the inputs, if any one has any pics that they could share that would be great as well.

RIGGER

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wh1t2nukle,

i think i know how google works, thanks tho! i was looking for pics more along the line of in use on a every day rig. not so staged truck. no need to be a smart A$$.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a set on my 06. Friggin love em'. I had to put my plate over the huge "road rhino" laser cut logo under the winch. But they fit real nice.
Only pic I have. I'll get a few good shots in the morn.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The Road Rhino logo is not cut out in the bumpers anymore. They stopped doing that a few months ago.

I have them on my truck and they are awesome. It's a daily driver and wheeler. We sell them for less than Road Rhino does, FYI. You can still pick them up in University Park. It takes a couple of weeks for them to get ready - we are selling a TON of them right now with tax season and also because the prices are going up March 1st.

They weigh 145 lbs which is about 100 lbs more than stock; not that much, really. Everyone thinks they must weigh 300 lbs or more but they don't.

If you weld, the WIY kits are a great deal. You can buy both front and rear bumpers for $850! They are easy to put together.

Murf, if you go by, you'll be looking for Elijah. He is the guy running Road Rhino.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Elijah is very nice and very customer service oriented....the business is about 20-30 minutes from my house

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
The Road Rhino logo is not cut out in the bumpers anymore. They stopped doing that a few months ago.

I have them on my truck and they are awesome. It's a daily driver and wheeler. We sell them for less than Road Rhino does, FYI. You can still pick them up in University Park. It takes a couple of weeks for them to get ready - we are selling a TON of them right now with tax season and also because the prices are going up March 1st.

They weigh 145 lbs which is about 100 lbs more than stock; not that much, really. Everyone thinks they must weigh 300 lbs or more but they don't.

If you weld, the WIY kits are a great deal. You can buy both front and rear bumpers for $850! They are easy to put together.

Murf, if you go by, you'll be looking for Elijah. He is the guy running Road Rhino.
Out of curiosity, how thick is the material used in these bumpers?

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
They weigh 145 lbs which is about 100 lbs more than stock; not that much, really. Everyone thinks they must weigh 300 lbs or more but they don't
My Buckstop Baja and 12K winch comes in at over 350 pounds......I have read some concerns that the RR bumpers are damaged easily

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The bumpers are 3/16" with 1/4" frame horns. Elijah and I have sold over a thousand of them and only one failure on a 2nd gen Ram, which had something to do with the winch that was used. It was an off-brand that had a really high line speed and created a "whipping" effect that buckled the bumper in the middle. Even with less than a .001 failure rate, Road Rhino had an engineer redesign the 2nd gen Ram bumper to provide more structure to the center of the bumper. I have personally used them with winches up to 16,500 lbs with no issues, but they were normal line speeds. Under normal conditions, these things are tough as hell. I've run over quite a few stationary objects with mine (while wheeling, not on purpose) with zero issues except the powder coat is scratched up.

A Road Rhino adds 100 lbs in base form. Add the full guard and the weight goes up. Obviously a winch is a big part of the extra weight you are reporting.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
100 lbs extra is not too bad considering the metal thickness and overall size of the bumper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone for the info and the updates, this has helped me alot. i hope to be getting mine soon and i will update.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts