Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone towed into Meadow yet? I know there's still snwo on sections of the trail, but no confirmed conditions for the road out the top.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
MDW it wasn't, the two rigs w/us that were towing trailers tried and did make it through some of the longer sections, but as we climbed the snow became deeper and the sections long enough that the both truck/trailer would have been on the drifts, so we turned back and camped at Catfish lake.

By now I would think that there would only be snow at the summit if any.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plan to leave mid day the 3rd. Could probably come up the 2nd. Ity used to not be a problem getting spots for the weekend.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I haven't been back to Meadow since they were planning on putting in official campsites along the other side of the lake. I am not sure f that helped, but the last holiday weekend I was there we had to camp away from the lake where there was what appeared to be a campsite. The Ranger told us we weren't supposed to be camping there but didn't make us move.

Though with diesel close to $5.50/gal., gas close to $4.50/gal., and food prices up, a lot of would be wheelers may be staying home.

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Leaving Wednesday Morn

Propane = $3.09/ gal :grinpimp: I think we'll be up Wed. night
See you up there Wilson.

Steve so far it's just me and Raul, bring up the quads and the rigs:smokin:
Pat is still up in the air, let me know if your up for it:grinpimp:
Should be a fun time

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Talked to UPS Dave, he'll be wheeling up friday. I'll have another cj5 and a ?? with me too. The couple with the 5 hasn't run the trail before.

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Sweet

If it's the same UPS Dave that I know that used to workout at golds gym back in the day that has a yellow jeep make sure you guys stop by for a :beer:

Will be packing this Sunday will be at Cal Roc's on Sat.
Hoping to have the ARB Compressor and switch's done this Friday:smokin:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, same ups Dave. I'm coming in from indian springs )about 9am) on fri morning and stay with wilson and sw on fri and maybe sat night. If anyone wants to wheel in with me let me know.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
hey howbout you Fernando I believe the kids and me will be comin also going to bring my wheeler and ski for high speed tube rides around the lake :beer:

looking forward to going

Humbug

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Looks Like a Party!

Right on Scott, see you up there. Looks like this year we will actually make it to Meadow for the 4th:smokin:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Steve so far it's just me and Raul, bring up the quads and the rigs:smokin:
Pat is still up in the air, let me know if your up for it:grinpimp:
Should be a fun time
I currently don't have anything planned, and it would be nice to run part of the trail on Thursday w/less traffic than the weekend.

Is Pat's Rover still in one piece, he mentioned that MDW was probably its last trip

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Hello Steve

I spoke with Pat briefly and he said that he was going to talk to the Bird:D
I say lets plan for running the trail Thursday, I will be bringing up some quads and something to float on the lake with:smokin:
Planning on leaving early Wednesday Morning
:homer:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think we'll be up Thursday Am, see if I can catch ya. 400 angry squirrels, better run :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts