Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Bump.

Did you sort out your springs?
I think so, but it literally has had quick trip up and down the street (due to getting hurt at work) ....no real testing...though it did seem to ride pretty nice!

300 over 400 front and 200 over 250 rear. Its a heavy Biatch! that gives me centered 16" travel shocks without crazy spring pre-load....and 24-26" belly

Since I know a good shock guy is fairly local to me ,he will probably get some business once I get all the other BS details dialed in.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
looks good with the box on it.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
As an update since I haven’t kept this going here(or anywhere else really...) here’s a quick video me and my 13 year old daughter have been teaching ourselves to film and edit....

https://youtu.be/P8k0myqdmVQ

I have a full build slide show I’ll drop onto YouTube here in the next couple days and we plan to do an actual walk around with my ugly mug telling and showing what this buggy built through a square body truck cab has going on!

I can tell ya I have been driving on the street some(yes it’s registered) and am pretty happy with its road manners..... if it ever snows I’ll get it out do some testing with video footage!

Edit... my kid says this is where Im supposed to tell ya to like and subscribe to the YouTube channel for more #100dollarkrew. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Buy a yellow star! :mad3: :flipoff:

Eh, whatever. :flipoff2: :laughing:
Glad someone here still shows that old pirate4x4 love.... thanks Frank!:flipoff2:

I posted here because someone recently (on FB...I know :rainbow:..) asked if I had a build here on pirate.

PS.... I guess MTOD never called about our Road Kill’Deadest show where at the end of every episode we are seen (me running like a gimp... you wheeling ) away from a burning car/truck/handi -van on the side of the road...?:grinpimp:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Liked and scribed... finish this thread since you're here anyway lol

·
Premium Member
29,405 Posts
Thanks!

I wish putting pics up didn’t take me forever to upload to a free host and then link here...
wish in one hand, shit in the other :flipoff2: you should put up pictures anyways

liked/scribbed/hoping you make gajillions of tube steak dollas

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Thanks!

I wish putting pics up didn’t take me forever to upload to a free host and then link here...
I agree with that one... Flickr is the easiest for me to use since i can upload and share from my phone on good days.

·
Storing Junk
223 Posts
... here’s a quick video ...

... yes it’s registered ...
Glad to see the teaser video, it looks pretty tractable, but that might just be the experience of the driver making it look easier.

As for registration, isn't it nice to be able to do that without an inspection? I cannot imagine trying to get it registered in a state that required them.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Glad to see the teaser video, it looks pretty tractable, but that might just be the experience of the driver making it look easier.

As for registration, isn't it nice to be able to do that without an inspection? I cannot imagine trying to get it registered in a state that required them.
Thanks! I have some rear steer experience with my Honda buggy so I’m sure that helps a little.

We are lucky here for that reason. It’s not saying that a cop might find issue with it but there are lots taller, more tire sticking out the sides pickups driving around here as people’s daily drivers.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
A slide show vid in case you got 12 minutes you’re not needing and wanna see how to build a truck for big gay truckland!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Turned out cool as hell!

161 - 180 of 186 Posts