Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1 Rock Crawlers Heaven Sand Hollow, UT

Wanted to share this with you guys..

Sand Hollow State Park in Washington, UT (133mi North of Las Vegas) Some of the best wheeling i have ever done. The park is $10 to get in and flags required. There is a man made lake at the bottom where you can camp and fish or swim. Lots of parking for rigs and RVs. The rocks here are Surrounded by beautiful sand dunes big enough for a 3-4 day trip with the crawler and four wheelers. The crawling here has everything from scenic to competition buggy only trails. Here are some pics of our trip this past Sat 2-16-13 we will be going back again in a few weeks if anyone wants to join :)

"Joint Effort" trail rated a 8 out of 10

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of those pics are from one trail. There are several trails that offer anything you want. Some of the other names are Nasty Half, TNT, Sandthrax, Arrowhead, Milts Mile, Chain Reaction, The Maze, Johns Trail and more. If you want to see more pics look here and there are plenty

Sign In

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
445 Posts
yep, Sand Hollow is my new favorite area to wheel in Utah. Were actually lining up a group to go there for Easter as well. Weds March 27th thru March 31st.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, maybe ill try to talk our group to going to Sand Hollow instead of Moab. We will all be going back to Sand Hollow around the first weekend in March aswell.

·
Registered
844 Posts
That place looks awesome.... I will definately be heading that way when the buggy is done.
Thanks for posting. I will be bookmarking this thread in three seconds.....

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
All of those pics are from one trail. There are several trails that offer anything you want. Some of the other names are Nasty Half, TNT, Sandthrax, Arrowhead, Milts Mile, Chain Reaction, The Maze, Johns Trail and more. If you want to see more pics look here and there are plenty

Sign In
Is there a map of the trails somewhere? I looked at the site and didn't see any...

Looks like a cool place to go wheeling, thanks for posting :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there a map of the trails somewhere? I looked at the site and didn't see any...

I think they do have the trails GPS'd but its more fun to have a guide cause each trail has several optional secret spots. Just post up in www.utah4x4club when your coming and a few locals will join up. I go up there all the time and would be more than happy to show you guys the trails i know of.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts

This??

Are the trails easy to find? Marked, etc??

Thanks in advance :smokin:

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
That looks like the most fun ever! Over here you either get badass wheelin and sucky camping or OK wheelin and good camping.

Badass wheelin next to a lake!! Sweet, and dunes for when you destroy your rig on said wheelin! :flipoff2:

EDIT: Do they have any space to rent? Like permanently? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That looks like the most fun ever! Over here you either get badass wheelin and sucky camping or OK wheelin and good camping.

Badass wheelin next to a lake!! Sweet, and dunes for when you destroy your rig on said wheelin! :flipoff2:

EDIT: Do they have any space to rent? Like permanently? :flipoff2:
Its sweet! All the camping spots and RV bus parking is by the lake and the lake is surrounded by both rocks and sand so its almost like a beach. Boats, jet skiis and all are welcome. This past weekend we saw lots of fishing oats in the water. The dunes are pretty good too! I have taken my side by side in the dunes for a full day and still had areas i didnt get to see. In the far back there are some 300 ft cliffs you can park on and watch the sun set. Some trails are marked but not all of them, utah4x4club is working on getting all the trails marked. St George UT isnt far (15mins) and they have several hotels and good eats like Red Lobster, Outback and such.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts