Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Sept 27th is the Sand Hollow Clean up Event. We will be running several trails Mild to Wild. Come on out if you can! I went last weekend and what a good time I had!!!!

What: Sand Hollow Clean up
When: Sept 27th
Why: Clean up the trails, pick up trash, wheel the hardest trails possible, camp over night and wheel again Sunday.

Info posted in Events section. You all better come run the trails here, lots of talk of selling land to build million dollar houses. Its looking pretty serious. If it happens all the good trails will be gone forever.

any pics from this?

still looking forward to our trip in a few weeks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
any pics from this?

still looking forward to our trip in a few weeks!
Yes there are some wicked pics, non have been posted on here. It rained all day very hard and I did not make it due to the interstate getting washed out and closed again. I look forward to meeting up with you guys in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Looking at setting up a trip in April.
Which campground would you guys recomend?
A mix of toy hauler and tent campers. Some shade would be nice. Easy access to trails.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Looking at setting up a trip in April.
Which campground would you guys recomend?
A mix of toy hauler and tent campers. Some shade would be nice. Easy access to trails.
Camp right in the state park. Its a 5 minute ride to the trails from your campsite and you don't have to leave the park. Not much (if any) shade in the area; this is high desert.

reserve here: Sand Hollow State Park, UT - Campground & Camping Details - ReserveAmerica - [UT]

I stopped camping here altogether after I found the condos at Sand Hollow resort right across the street. The condos are actually cheaper than the extra gas it takes to drive the RV there - and are first class. Sand Hollow Resort

·
Registered
58 Posts
Went and ran West Rim last Saturday with Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers, had a great time.

We did pretty much all of the options on the trail, one of the best trails I have ever ran, will definitely be back for more, it's only 2 hours away!

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Awesome with the full body! Lil Rich Klein has a kickass wheeling event scheduled for Sand Hollow this fall: https://www.thetrailhero.com/

It should be a blast with so much going on.

I have even heard that you'll be able to drive a certain road into Hurricane in non-street legal rigs so you can enjoy some of the town without having to take a regular vehicle.

·
Registered
243 Posts
We are thinking of going here in 2018. Some time after tax season. The works with a few CPAs. When would be the best time to go? We would like to avoid the crowds. And hopefully now when the temps is in the 120+. LOL

101 - 120 of 147 Posts