Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
I typically use ABNB for general vacation rentals. If I have a specific question to a certain landmark I will PM the tenant inquiring about the said landmark and the distance. Most have been good at responding. Might be worth a shot.
Makes sense, I'm just tire kicking, so I didn't want to bug anyone. I just wasn't sure if there was a certain place to go that had ohv access.

I did have some luck on this site searching by the map

https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/utah/hurricane/sand-hollow-resort?k_clickid=Cj0KCQiAm4TyBRDgARIsAOU75sqcmOlTkd8gT2JKfrGU57FYq7Ubccdi9nSPonHO3SJNp8vRjlGMqUAaAtekEALw_wcB&ds_cid=71700000037737751&ds_kids=p42853263994&ds_kid=39700042853263994&ksprof_id=700000001593178&ksdevice=m&ktarget=aud-580375517400:dsa-680233830229&kloct=&klocf=9032591&ds_aid=58700004175495798&ha_t=1t1:g:48422235245&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm4TyBRDgARIsAOU75sqcmOlTkd8gT2JKfrGU57FYq7Ubccdi9nSPonHO3SJNp8vRjlGMqUAaAtekEALw_wcB

I assume that if the lake is only a block away that I can get to the wheelin without being hassled?

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
I assume that if the lake is only a block away that I can get to the wheelin without being hassled?

Shouldn't be a big deal. I've seen buggies in town at the gas station. This year I'm renting an rv from https://www.redrockrvrentals.com/
Was around a grand for 10 days for a 28' delivered and picked up.
Why rent an RV at the destination? If I was going to rent, I'd do it local, to make the trip easier with the kids. If we're taking the truck over there, may as well just get a house. Could split it with another family also.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Why rent an RV at the destination? If I was going to rent, I'd do it local, to make the trip easier with the kids. If we're taking the truck over there, may as well just get a house. Could split it with another family also.
I'm renting there so I can haul ass down there, we got a group site because most people in the group have campers/trailers, it's fun to just jump in the crawler and go for a quick trip, night wheeling, no kids, splitting it with 3 others so only a few hundred bucks. We thought about getting a house but decided this was a better way to go with about 20 of us in our group.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
I'm renting there so I can haul ass down there, we got a group site because most people in the group have campers/trailers, it's fun to just jump in the crawler and go for a quick trip, night wheeling, no kids, splitting it with 3 others so only a few hundred bucks. We thought about getting a house but decided this was a better way to go with about 20 of us in our group.
Gotcha, it's always fun to "circle the wagons" with a group.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I REALLY want to make it out there this year, no idea when yet, but trying to get a better idea of what I'm looking at.

What I'm curious about is driving an ohv rig from a rental to the park. Obviously loading up on a trailer to go a few miles each day would be lame.
This should help... http://cityofhurricane.com/uploads/fb/gis/HC-OHVMAP_post.pdf

They won't hassle you on the OHV routes.

Definitely go since you've never been. Have fun:grinpimp:

·
Registered
209 Posts
We go every year in May and rent a house that is large enough for 3-4 couples.

Doing it that way is cheaper than Hoteling it and you have a full kitchen and sometimes a pool. The subdivisions around the Sand Hollow Lake are new and there are lots of really nice houses. We look for ones with trailer parking since you're not allowed to park a trailer on the street overnight in those neighborhoods.

It's really nice to unload and air down one time for a weeks worth of wheeling. You may have to be on the residential streets for a mile or two but there is a dirt road that parallels the main road all the way to the staging area. We have several buggies in our group and we've never had an issue with the local law.

If you look on google maps you can get a pretty good idea of the location of the houses and see the access roads to the trails. The entry point we use is by the large water tanks. From there you can go either direction depending on the trails you are running that day.

It's definitely our favorite wheeling destination.

Have fun!

141 - 147 of 147 Posts