Pirate 4x4 banner

Rock Crawlers Heaven

56K views 146 replies 64 participants last post by  DoubleXL 
#1 ·
#1 Rock Crawlers Heaven Sand Hollow, UT

Wanted to share this with you guys..

Sand Hollow State Park in Washington, UT (133mi North of Las Vegas) Some of the best wheeling i have ever done. The park is $10 to get in and flags required. There is a man made lake at the bottom where you can camp and fish or swim. Lots of parking for rigs and RVs. The rocks here are Surrounded by beautiful sand dunes big enough for a 3-4 day trip with the crawler and four wheelers. The crawling here has everything from scenic to competition buggy only trails. Here are some pics of our trip this past Sat 2-16-13 we will be going back again in a few weeks if anyone wants to join :)

"Joint Effort" trail rated a 8 out of 10

See less See more
#37 ·
I will add that I went through cedar city (about 40 mins north on I15) and it is BEAUTIFUL, not the city its self so much, but the mountains to the east. The scenery changes 180*, we also went through Brian Head, which is at ~11,000'. So if you want to make a week trip out of it, there is plenty of scenery near by.

#38 ·
Yes the scenery is spectacular. Its warming up right now, last Sat when i was at Sand Hollow it was 68* and i got a sun burn. Its cool and cloudy right now but next week it should be in the high 60s again. Now thru May is perfect. June-Aug is a little warm but the lake is right there so bring a boat or the jet skiis and your crawler :)

#44 ·
im bringing my new ifs buggy to st george easter weekend. going to be there thrsday and likely wheel friday thru sun. perhaps could meet up with you guys?

I think st george is a as a good as moab. has everything that moab does. and for the west coast crowd its much closer. St george is a real town too. more places to stay and better eats. much more family friendly too. the wife and kids can stay and play at the water slides and indoor rec center (year round) and a lot of other fun stuff for them to do if they dont want to go wheeling. lots of shopping

vegas is 3 hours away...

#54 · (Edited)
Had an amazing 3 days wheeling at Sand Hollow.... Ran Johns trail, Maze, Nasty Half, Milts Mile, Chain Reaction & a trip out to The Dutchman. Just scratched the surface as to whats out there too. Cant wait to go back.... here are a few pics...

Soup Bowl on the Maze. Soup Bowl on the Maze. - YouTube

"You've got to be nuts" on Maze

Nasty Half

Gatekeeper on Chain Reaction

Chain reaction

Dutchman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.