Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i should make my own but the price is very enticing has anybody used these and how did they flex and hold up they are going on an xj w 8" of lift and a daily driver also if anybody has them i would really appreciate if they would take measurements so i could copy them??

andrew

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
they suck or used to. Aparently they never figured out how to use a welder and quite a few of the XJ guys on JU have had weld failures on arms, trackbars, ect. It's suppost to be under new managment now, but I still don't know if they have their heads out of their asses yet.

and if you didn't find anything by searching then your probably on the wrong board.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found some stuff but not what i was looking for it seems like everybody has a friend or cousin that has destroyed their stuff very few speek from actual experiences they also changed their arm design. i mean the brackets do look weak but the arms seem really strong the brackets can be reinforced and at that price i would not mind reinforcing their brackets

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Their coils and shocks suck, I imagine the rest of their stuff is crap also. Their are better alternatives.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Try searching again. I know I posted a few pics on here of my shit broken. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I still don't think i would trust them yet but they revamped all the kits the stuff they have out now does look better.

But looks to heavy they use solid tubing now.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
They've always used solid stock for everything and don't seem interested in change even if solid isn't that much stronger then 1/4 wall not to mention harder to get good welds. I prefer not to support people that are ignorant of actual design practises.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
When I read RK horror stories, I post them on a local board I frequent. I put it over there since pirate4x4 isn't really a bolt-on tech board. (hint hint)

Clicky for RK horror stories

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YEAH I KNOW EVERYBODY HATES BOLT ON AROUND HERE THE PRICE SEEMED RIGHT BUT ALL THE BROKEN SHIT GUESS I WILL FAB MY OWN NOW SO TO THE DRAWING BOARD I GO ANY IDEAS ON WHAT WORKS BEST GREATLY APPRECIATED

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
you want an awesome kit go with Full tractions 6" Long Arm kit.

Oh and 8" is way to high, 6 is all you need.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rock Krawler Response

Rock Krawler Suspension has been under new ownership since March of 2003. We developed the revolutionary new coil over IFS system for Chevy/GMC trucks and it took us a while to see what we had as far as the jeep products are concerned. Our newer product offerings are revolutionary and you will also see our philosophy of our 3 independent control arms and track bar on the rear of the 2005 Mustang GT. We will extend anyone from Pirate 4x4 a 15% discount on our products just to prove to all you doubters what are products have become. All of the subject matter people here are mentioning is way old and no longer a concern. We will prove it to you in the very near future. We addressed the issue on Jeeps Unlimited, however we just recently learned about this forum and are more than happy to address any concerns.

Rock Krawler

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Unless you've changed the shocks and coils, they are still crap. My shocks blew craps in less than a year and you guys wouldnt replace them. The coils were also too soft.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Well i know a buddy of mine used to have the RK kit on his cherokee and the welds broke away on the arms. He was lucky that he noticed it in the parking lot because the 3 link with one less arm is not very good :eek: . RK shipped him a new set of arms and everything which he sold. It may be under new management but personaly it is hard to put my life in the hands of a company that has been the sorce of so many things going wrong. And also as stated above...8" is pretty tall. If you are wanting 35's or even 37's 6" will be plenty if you cut your fenders.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Rock Krawler, before you get carried away in telling us about your product line you need to get a yellow vendor star to "pimp" you products.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
RockKrawler

I have had the RockKrawler 4" longarm kit on my TJ since July and nothing has broke yet. The only problems I have had is that the front "weld on axle bracket" for the tri-link hits the frame all the time when I am out wheeling. I have been thinking about changing to the new upper link design that they just put out. I spoke with them a few weeks ago and they said they changed the design because of the failures related to the "weld on bracket" breaking at axle weld. I am also thinking about making a quick disconnect upper control arm for the passengers side to use during highway driving , just in case the tri-link snaps. It has also began to sag in the rear and shocks seem too short. On the bright side the kit does flex alot and it has helped me get up and over tough sections on the trails.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.