Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All Pirate Members

Rock Krawler Suspension is soon to be releasing a 4 inch and 5.5 inch suspension package designed to the stock modified class and RC Rocks Class 2 division. The system will feature our revolutionary independent three link front end design and a triangulated 4 link rear package. All lower control arms will be bent for high clearance and feature our new Monster Krawler Joints at the axle connections. The rear axle will be pushed back three inches to maximize the allowable wheel base for the class. We will provide new rear coil mounts with integrated adjustable bump stops and a pair of adjustable bump stops for the front as well. This system will be on display and functioning at the next WE Rock event at Rausch Creek, PA. Chris "Oz" Ozmun will be running the system in conjunction with a Gen Right Fuel Cell. Chris has been competing with our standard 5.5" X Factor Plus System for a while now! Chris actually drives his TJ to the Comps, pulls his windshield frame and top, then competes, put the windshield and top back on and drives home. He is a real testament to the improvements we have made in our products and a great person to work with.

Rock Krawler Suspension will also be giving major product discounts on this system for other Pirate 4x4 Members that want to compete in these classes in other areas around the U.S. We would prefer to get systems elsewhere through out the U.S. and not put other to compete directly with Oz at the Rausch Creek events. For those of you that would like further information please contact Rock Krawler Suspension directly.

Respectfully,

Rock Krawler Suspension

·
Registered
256 Posts
I run an RK setup, what is the problem with that? Got a good price, great install, and am very happy with it. I do not have a buggy, I have a Jeep. I have had an RE LA kit, this is better, much better. I had a Tera flex kit also, no comparison, RK hands down. Bad installation can cause bad problems. I got a prototype 10" stretch kit, that hopefully will be available to the general public soon. I do not know the guys at RK, but I am friends with a local shopowner who carries the line. I think there are 3 of these prototypes out there, and I know the other guy who runs it. He had the RK 5.5 LA kit before, and just did the rear half. In my opinion, and only MY opinion, best bang for the buck out there. I read through the other thread too.

·
Registered
386 Posts
lol @ bringing up 4 year old threads
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Never fails, it is one of the reasons most people shy away from this board. Everyone thinks this is thier fawking soapbox to share thier long sad stories of failures past.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
At least he has a yellow star now.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Will this kit stiil be of the high quality of the past. Should we expect tons of breakage and maybe even a death this time around.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Will this kit stiil be of the high quality of the past. Should we expect tons of breakage and maybe even a death this time around.:flipoff2:
Jeeeez! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Never fails, it is one of the reasons most people shy away from this board. Everyone thinks this is thier fawking soapbox to share thier long sad stories of failures past.
"if we don't learn our history, we're doomed to repeat it"

·
Registered
386 Posts
"if we don't learn our history, we're doomed to repeat it"
You know, I absolutely agree, but it should not only work in the negative. For every negative post there is two or three loud mouths who jump in for no reason except because they are keyboard cowboys, and when someone posts something positive, they are shunned for speaking out against the obviously way hardcore grain. Each and everytime this happens it makes us all look like the fawking tards we are claiming not to be. Here is the thing. Sure there were problems, and they admit them and make every attempt to fix them, in person, on the phone or hell even here in the bowels of hell. Personally, I would never even log on to a site like this if I was a business to answer all the maligned attitude mongers this place hourds, but that is just me. If you don't like them, so be it, don't buy it. But stop spending all the time trying to prevent them from posting here. Seriously, a four year old thread? Can his problem be as bad as all that? I seriously doubt it. And if it was, I am sure it would have been resolved with a call to the right person. For all we know it could have been operator issue, or even god forbid a redneck install with 40 beer cans in the pile on a Friday night before the big run.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have been running the RK 5.5 X factor long arm for several years now. I have approx. 25,000 plus miles on this kit with street time and hardcore trail and comp time. I have had zero issues other than the front lower contol arm joint loosening up once. It was Loctited and has not been an issue since. The first event of RCRocs last Nov. I competed, placed forth in my class (Class 2), wheeled the next day and drove to CT. from PA. for work on Monday. My jeep is stable, though not legal I can drive at 90mph on the highway with no issues. It is registered, inspected and street legal here in PA.

Like Rock Krawler said, I drive to the comps, pull my doors, top and windshield and compete. After the comp I put everything back on (top, doors, windshield) and drive an hour back home.

Rock Krawler like every other manufacturer has gone through an evolution in their suspension design and products. 3 link front, 4 link rear, and it works. I had my suspension installed by a professional shop that knows what they are doing. Like I said above, zero issues.

I am really looking forward to the comp system Rock Krawler will be installing on my jeep. The jeep works very well now, I can just imagine how well it will work once it is tweeked by the guys at Rock krawler. Thanks to Rock Krawler as well as my other sponsors...http://www.applehill4x4.com and http://www.solidaxle.com . Also Genright who will be providing a fuel cell for the jeep to work with the stretched comp suspension.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Shipping to 77566? :D I'd seriously like to run some comps at Spring Creek. I'd even drive my jeep the hour there just because. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am really looking forward to the comp system Rock Krawler will be installing on my jeep. The jeep works very well now, I can just imagine how well it will work once it is tweeked by the guys at Rock krawler...

Chris,
Who is doing the install? Is it going to actually be done at the RK shop or by Steve at Custom Auto? I am interested in some pics when you are done. I have had similar success with my previous generation 2 kit from Rk, and have gone to the latest stretch kit and am in the middle of the install now...Best of luck, I am sure it will be as promised.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I have been running the RK 5.5 X factor long arm for several years now. I have approx. 25,000 plus miles on this kit with street time and hardcore trail and comp time. I have had zero issues other than the front lower contol arm joint loosening up once. It was Loctited and has not been an issue since. The first event of RCRocs last Nov. I competed, placed forth in my class (Class 2), wheeled the next day and drove to CT. from PA. for work on Monday. My jeep is stable, though not legal I can drive at 90mph on the highway with no issues. It is registered, inspected and street legal here in PA.

Like Rock Krawler said, I drive to the comps, pull my doors, top and windshield and compete. After the comp I put everything back on (top, doors, windshield) and drive an hour back home.

Rock Krawler like every other manufacturer has gone through an evolution in their suspension design and products. 3 link front, 4 link rear, and it works. I had my suspension installed by a professional shop that knows what they are doing. Like I said above, zero issues.

I am really looking forward to the comp system Rock Krawler will be installing on my jeep. The jeep works very well now, I can just imagine how well it will work once it is tweeked by the guys at Rock krawler. Thanks to Rock Krawler as well as my other sponsors...http://www.applehill4x4.com and http://www.solidaxle.com . Also Genright who will be providing a fuel cell for the jeep to work with the stretched comp suspension.
Getting an honest opinion about a product by someone who is sponsored by the manufacturer.....sweet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Getting an honest opinion about a product by someone who is sponsored by the manufacturer.....sweet :rolleyes:
Truth be known....Oz just picked up the RK sponsorship within the last 2 weeks. He has been running their kit for a lot longer then that and it works!!
I know RK has had a bad rep in the past....but it looks to me like they have come a long way.

Oz Congrats on the new sponsorship and good luck w/ the new suspension and fuel cell. :smokin:

·
Registered
320 Posts
New kit looks pimp guys!

I just installed a RK 5.5" kit on one of my vehicles and the kit is super nice. It rides great on the road and performs flawlessly on the trail. RK has taken the time to work out all the previous bugs and problems with old kits. If you are truly concerned about the product, call and talk to someone at RK or visit them at any event they are at. They really know what they are talking about and have designed some killer products.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For all that are interested in sponsorship programs for this product please contact Rock Krawler Suspension Directly. We will post the retail price for the system on our site soon, but sponsorship programs are available. We would just like to spread it out across the country.

For those on this board who want to talk about the past, that is fine, continue to do so, but it has nothing to do with the present, the future or the foundation of this post!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts