Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am cutting out my rocker panels and installing some rock sliders on my EB. Does anyone have pics of their set up that they would like to share. I cannot decide on the best mounting application. Brackets or welds directly to the frame.

What are other people doing?

Haven't seen many other peoples designs.

Send some pics.

Thanks,
C.C.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I don't have any pictures but what I did was cut the rocker off but leave a slight lip on the inside (under the floor) to stop the 2x5 so I have about 3/4" sticking out. I hope that makes sense to you.
Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took me a minute to grasp what you were talking about.

Good idea leaving the lip in. Send some pics if you can find some.

-CC

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I just cut mine of and I plan on using 1.75 tubing and welding it to the frame. I also plan on tieing my main cage to the sliders.

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
I just did mine!
What I did was incorporate mine with my body lift.
The middle body mounts I used a piece of 2x4 tubing and went from one side of the rocker to another(had to bend downwards some). This is welded to the frame and to a piece of 2x4 tubing in place of the rocker(tucked up in where the rocker once was).
Now where the body mount is under the floor plans I made a piece of 2x4 tubing from frame to rocker slide. Welded to the frame and rocker with body mount on the top side of the slide.
I got at least 4" of clearance and boy do I have safe now in a side impact. I have a couple of pics but I haven't figured out how to post them yet. So someone pm me and post them for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bent70,

How do you like your flipped shackle conversion?
Looks like you moved them back to the rear a bit.
What are the driving characteristics like now?

Thanks everyone for sharing your slider ideas.

- C.C.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I really like it now. I finally put my shocks on correctly :mad: all around. Now I have dampening on compression. So it handles pretty good now. Rides like a caddy.:D Althought I can't carry a whole lot of weight. The 150's are very plush and yeild alot of flex over my previous setup which was 3.5 8leaf nationals with the inverted shackle.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
lakotastoy said:
Took me a minute to grasp what you were talking about.

Good idea leaving the lip in. Send some pics if you can find some.

-CC
Mine look like IronbenderII's except I did not feel the need to tie it into the frame. I don't think it is necessary to tie to the frame, the only down fall of it is possible snagging the mounts to the frame and the pluses are obviously strength. I have seen many done like mine that work fine so personal preference and if you are comfortable with not going to the frame or not should make the decision. IMHO
If you tie into the frame do like IronbenderII and keep the mounts in from the edge and as smooth on the bottom as possible.
Steve

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Here's mine (still under construction):

2"x6" .120 wall rectangular tubing, will be tied into (2) 2"x4" tubing run crosswise at bodymount locations, replacing the 2" lift blocks. The crossmembers will also serve as subframe mounting points to tie my 6pt cage into. :p

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I made a skid plate to go between the arms that go to the frame. I'm also going to tie my cage and such to it to help stiffen everything up.

The best part about the skid plate is it gives me a nice nook to mount stuff like air tanks and such that is protected from the elements.

-Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts