Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pun intended.

Alan was so very patient with all my questions and multiple calls.. I was very happy that I was able to place an order today... Got the hi-steer for the early disc knuckles, and a pair of wheel spacers.

It's awesome to have people like this on the board.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
His wheel spacers are beautiful. We just put a set on my buddies Heep, almost a shame to cover em up with a POS chrome rim. :D

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
fj40john said:
I will be ordering some of his wheel spacers soon...anyone else interested?? Maybe we can start a group buy on his board?
From what I understand the reason his prices are so good is because he does group buys. Mot really sure you can do better than like $45 per spacer. That is a really killer price.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Organizing group buys are not allowed here I think, I could be wrong though.
I kinda agree with Mace though, if a guy has a killer price anyway, and treats everone right, why bother..................
Personally I'll deal with someone like Alan, even if he was not the cheapest, just cause I know I ain't gonna get f****d over.
Butch:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Butch said it well..

How far do you wanna cut the guy's bottom line? You won't find ANY quality spacers anywhere for NEAR his price.

These are the SAME spacers that another vendor sells for $160 a pair...

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Rockbuggysupply is just taking off, Alan's offering some pretty good deals for us. If we help him get on his feet and his business take off, it only benefits us, and since we're getting a great deal anyway, I don't think a group buy is necessary (at least for spacers)...

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
I know he has a great deal going, and I plan to buy from him anyway. BUT he does have a group buy section set up in the forum on his webpage. Anyone can try to put something together there, and sometimes he will say it can't get any lower...which is fine. Hopefully I can get some more cash together (got a looooong list of stuff to get done by May, and no job) and I will order from him.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
FWIW, Alan gets spacers from www.mcmotorsports.com

Sure, you can order them directly from the manufacturer. But you'll pay more than if you get em from Alan. How :grinpimp: is Alan? :D

FYI: He started selling spacers because someone posted on his BB's GROUP BUY section about getting some, Bones mentioned where he got his from, and things took off from there. Just fawking buy spacers from Alan already so I can shut up. :p

There's a post on the first few pages of the VENDOR forum. $45 for 1.5" ones, and $52 for the 2"ers IIRC. :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thought I'd bump this up top... I just ordered some 1.5 inchers from RBS and he's still got them for that sweet price! If you need spacers, get 'em from RBS. Tons of other stuff for awesome prices as well! :D :D

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Alan actually sold rockbuggysupply.com AFAIK, a new guy named Scott is running it and is also a bangup guy from phone calls I've had with him. I believe Alan is selling Mog axles now?

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Scott is great. I got volunteered to help round up sponsors for a raffle at Rocktoberfest in Cass AR and Scott stepped up to the plate and is helping us out. He didn't have to do anything but he replied quickly and is excited to help. It is going to be a big event this year with O'Reilly auto parts picking up the radio advertising and other media stuff. I just wish I could get my junk running for the comp. The club is giving some $ to sweeten the pot for the winners.

Scott doesn't know it yet but I'll be ordering all of my steering and joints from him. Prolly small change for him, but it means a lot to me and the people in the club.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts