Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
That trianguar panel really helps complete the mod and gives good lines to a chopped fender, doesn't it.

Here's a pic of Jim Peterson, acting bashful, after completing the fab work on the (removable) fender sections of my new rig this afternoon ...

I thought you might also appreciate the tied in truss work designed to survive a solid 'endo' during competition ... :p

·
Registered
617 Posts
PLEASE excuse the bodywork/metalwork newbie stupid question, but:

How did yo make the hood?

I got another hood for my YJ to do the same thing. I ran out of time so I just chopped the fenders all to hell, works fine, but my long term plan is to make my own high hood. Just looking for a reduction in the duplication of effort - ie: it would be nice if someone told me the easiest way to do this, considering I've NEVER done anything like it before.

From a completely uninformed point of view, it looks as though you glassed it??

Thanks for any info.

Chad

·
Registered
200 Posts
Chad, really.

:rolleyes:

No sandwhich for you, ya goofy Canuck. :D

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
TexasBlakeWFO said:
That thing got a 4BT?
I think that is the same Jeep that recieved a flat dash that Fabricator posted about some months ago, so yes, 4BT.

Ahhhhhhh, my dream of diesel power in a YJ, .........

Damn, now I need to go clean my monitor and keyboard again.
That shit is hard to get off.:eek: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looking good... Thanks for the info on JP Offroad. It's nice to know who will and will not work with us!

·
Registered
783 Posts
that will look really good when you get it finished. the trianguar panel really gives it a clean look ..

·
Registered
377 Posts
that looks sharp

·
Registered
891 Posts
I like those hoods.
You just gave me an answer to a problem I've been trying to solve in my head..........long story, thanks!

·
Vendor
2,020 Posts
Just got two hoods from Bob @ JP. Great guys to work with. Shannon can also ship his hoods if you want fiberglass instead of ABS.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
DIY rockcrawler hood?

How did yo make the hood?
I know this one was bought, and most of them are, but does anyone have any pics of some that were done at home?

I'm think of combining my fenders and hood in a similiar way. Not with 'glass though; easier just to weld the sheetmetal together. Don't care how it looks.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
'Glass comp hood for TJs in the works.

Last week I came back from meeting a guy from Lubbock for a TJ body parts for axels deal. Among the booty was an absolutely pristine 1999 TJ hood.
Apparently there are only CJ and YJ fiberglass hoods of this type on the market so when Jim P. and Rocky from Rock Gear, the fast back top maker, saw me carry it into the shop they immediately ask my permission to use it as the master to create a fiberglass crawler version for a TJ.
Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll put you in touch and keep the board with progress reports.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts