Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Rockequipment sway bar setup that I have been running for years. Recently I adjusted my suspension for more travel and I started to have problems.

First I broke the bar itself. Tony K took care of me and sent me a brand new bar (the one I am selling).

Once I got the bar I broke an arm. A friend had a spare arm so I used that one and broke my other side arm.

So, I am selling:
(1) 45" x .750, practically new sway bar. 45" is what is used on the front of TJ's and also universally. You want the longest bar that you can fit and this would be just that.

(2) PVC bushing for the bar.

(2) Complete end links. These are Currie end links from the used kit that I bought. I used the Rockequipent end links and have these left over.

(3) Aluminum arms. (2) of them stripped out the splines one of the arms has good splines except maybe 3 or 4 of them dont look so good.

I considered drilling through the arms and the sway bar and putting a 7/16 bolt or so to see if that would take place of the splines. I dont know if that would hold or not. You could try drilling the arms and running it and this setup is ready to go, if you dont want to do that you can buy another set of AL arms for ~$80 or steel arms for ~$70.

$150 for all of it plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
can you elaborate on why the new suspension setup is breaking things? i dont wanna buy this and have the same probs...ive got 14'' coilovers setup for 4 1/2-5'' up and the rest down travel?? can you move some on the price? i dont wanna offend you so i wont make a stupid offer...

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have run this setup for maybe 3 yrs now? Everything was fine but then last year I moved the tops of my shocks in quite a bit. Things were still good but then I loosened my limit straps by about an inch and thats when I started having problems. To me it seems that this setup is good to a point in wheel travel and after that it is too much travel for it.

I am running 16" shocks which use 15.5" of travel. 8" of that up. I havent measured the travel at the wheel but I would think its a lot more than 99% of people out there.

I might be willing to move a bit on the price if there is no other interest in a bit. You could buy new steel arms ($70) and shouldn't have any problems at all. If you bought new arms for this setup you would be into the whole system for less than $220 and they go for $320. Thats NEW bushings, practically NEW bar, NEW steel arms and used end links. Basically you would be saving $100 just cause you have used end links and nobody ever has a problem with those.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
If you decide to part it out I would be interested in a spare arm. PM me if so. thanks Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts