Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired front and rear Currie Rockjock 60's a short while ago. They are built well since they came off an ultra 4 racer. The front has an ARB and the rear has a full spool. Both axles are running 5.38 gears with CTM 300M axle shafts and u joints. The bolt pattern is 6 on 5.5

I bought these axles off Craigslist and the previous owner bought them off the people who had them on a ultra 4 racer.

These axles are complete minus the calipers and rotors.

I have researched every where to find what calipers and rotors I need. The guy I bought them off didn't know anything about these axles let alone anything jeep. So he wasn't much help.

The measurements I have are as follows:

Front axle offset - 3 inches. (From wms to caliper bracket)
The mount center is approx. 5 1/8 inches. (Center of caliper bolt hole to other hole center)

Rear axle offset - 4 inches
Mount center is approx. 5 1/8 inches

Current caliper brackets are welded on. All new control arm brackets will be welded on in time. I'm avoiding starting from scratch with new caliper brackets.

Notes: These are going under my 2005 LJ rubicon. I plan on running 40's on beadlocks. 4 inch teraflex lcg long arm kit with metal cloaks front and rear.

Any guidance on a brake setup would be greatly appreciated.

Info I am looking for: what calipers and rotors fit?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would say ask in the GM section since ghTs a Chevy bolt pattern they may be more familiar with rotor and caliper options.

Also have you called currie yet? May have built them or at least have a good idea where to start.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
It will likely be one of two things.

GM half ton calipers and rotors
Wilwood calipers and spidertrax rotors)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If it's not to hard and costly , maybe cut the old brackets off and buy a kit so you know from here on out what works for you and your set up. Ruff Stuff makes reasonable kits, just a thought. Good luck and enjoy those RJ's!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say ask in the GM section since ghTs a Chevy bolt pattern they may be more familiar with rotor and caliper options.

Also have you called currie yet? May have built them or at least have a good idea where to start.
Calling Currie was my next stop after giving Pirate4x4 a try. I appreciate your reply! 👍

It will likely be one of two things.

GM half ton calipers and rotors
Wilwood calipers and spidertrax rotors)
All my research has pointed me to GM calipers off 1977-1983 GM 1/2 and 3/4 ton 4wd trucks. I just can't get verification that those calipers have the same mount center and work with my axle offset. Thanks for you help though. 👍

If it's not to hard and costly , maybe cut the old brackets off and buy a kit so you know from here on out what works for you and your set up. Ruff Stuff makes reasonable kits, just a thought. Good luck and enjoy those RJ's!
Yeah cutting off those caliper brackets and starting fresh seems inevitable. I have no problem doing that. I just love the challenge of the mystery in finding what calipers and rotors that fit.

I will totally enjoy running these RJ's. I always wanted to have a rig with tons and now I can check that off my buckets list. Thanks for the reply and I will update on what I find or end up doing.

Thanks for the reply! 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts