Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, tried searching but nothing so surely there are some folks out there who has experienced the Rocksplitter shackles? I'm building my yj after the holidays and liked how these looked and operated but looking for some feedback if any is out there and thanks!

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
I'd never even heard of them and had to google them.
Seems like an overly complicated revolver. I can see the logic and all, but its adding more failure points, more bushings to wear out, and more slop(less control) in the system.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Yep looks like a big gimmick.Ramp queen acessory.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Looks like there would be a good chance for unloading going down hill, especially if you hit the brakes too hard.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like there would be a good chance for unloading going down hill, especially if you hit the brakes too hard.
Hey Dutch, enjoying your build thread again since I'm getting close to start, you make a valid point...especially something steep...

Yea, looks like a spring bumper more than anything but not worth the price just to protect your spring ends...was curious if anyone has run these and/or any extra benefits seen, keep 'em coming!

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Thanks, at least somebody out there likes my junk.

I've got a buddy running revolver shackles (same concept as these) both front and rear on his Zuki and loves them. Another friend of mine had them on his CJ-7 and hated them. Personally, I'd just stick with shackles or maybe sliders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts