Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Visa Master
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone else have one of these?

Scott you need a typical snatch block next to this in your picture or something, holy cow this thing is beefy, will have pictures online tommorow hopefully of the one I just got in.

·
Registered
124 Posts
snatch blocks

I like my ARB snatch block with the greaseable pin. It's the strongest one for its size that I could find that's suitable for use with a heavier truck like my Unimog. Yes, even Unimogs have to be winched. :flipoff2:

Can anyone compare the Rockstomper snatch block to the ARB? If it's as strong or stronger, Scott's got a damn fine product on his hands.

Out of curiousity, what's the price on the RS snatch block?

Thanks!

-EuroTruck

·
Visa Master
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what i'm going to do after work tonight... A picture with a hand and a winch hook hows bout that...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I got the RS one and it is beef. No camera on me for comparison.
It is 3/8" rated. Dont know if all the ARB's are only 5/16" or what.
Rockstompers for comarison is like 2 beer bottles side by side. Weight is 6 lbs. Best part is it is the same price as the lesser quality ones.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
I didn't take a side-by-side with the Warn one... figured Warn hated me enough already. :)

Actually, it is fairly similar to the Warn block--the material around the anchor hole is wider, the bronze bushing in the pulley wheel is... well... there... (Warn just has a little paper-thin sleeve), the pivot pin is bigger by 1/16" (whoopee), etc. It's all little enough stuff that a pic that's wide-view enough to see both, won't show much, and close enough in to really see the difference, and it's tough to tell what you're looking at.

A friend has a Warn block though--if it's interesting enough, I can borrow his and take pics of both.

·
Premium Member
19,350 Posts
I didn't take a side-by-side with the Warn one... figured Warn hated me enough already. :)

Actually, it is fairly similar to the Warn block--the material around the anchor hole is wider, the bronze bushing in the pulley wheel is... well... there... (Warn just has a little paper-thin sleeve), the pivot pin is bigger by 1/16" (whoopee), etc. It's all little enough stuff that a pic that's wide-view enough to see both, won't show much, and close enough in to really see the difference, and it's tough to tell what you're looking at.

A friend has a Warn block though--if it's interesting enough, I can borrow his and take pics of both.
I have the warn block, and i can tell you its junk, THat small sleave is the main reason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.