Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone else have one of these?

Scott you need a typical snatch block next to this in your picture or something, holy cow this thing is beefy, will have pictures online tommorow hopefully of the one I just got in.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
I have one and it is beefy. One of my friends owns a tree removal business and says it is the best snatchblock he has seen in 10 years. We compared it to his pile of snatchblocks and nothing came close to it and some had a rating of 25,000 pounds.

·
Registered
126 Posts
snatch blocks

I like my ARB snatch block with the greaseable pin. It's the strongest one for its size that I could find that's suitable for use with a heavier truck like my Unimog. Yes, even Unimogs have to be winched. :flipoff2:

Can anyone compare the Rockstomper snatch block to the ARB? If it's as strong or stronger, Scott's got a damn fine product on his hands.

Out of curiousity, what's the price on the RS snatch block?

Thanks!

-EuroTruck

·
Registered
208 Posts
What are the dimensions on that. There is nothing in the picture to get a scale. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Looks like my warn snatch that I got for $5 at a local yard, new!...Score! It is strong and tough, maybe its twin?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I have the ARB snatchblock:

Someone post a pic with another block or a hand in the pic, so I can get an idea of scale. :)

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what i'm going to do after work tonight... A picture with a hand and a winch hook hows bout that...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I got the RS one and it is beef. No camera on me for comparison.
It is 3/8" rated. Dont know if all the ARB's are only 5/16" or what.
Rockstompers for comarison is like 2 beer bottles side by side. Weight is 6 lbs. Best part is it is the same price as the lesser quality ones.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
I didn't take a side-by-side with the Warn one... figured Warn hated me enough already. :)

Actually, it is fairly similar to the Warn block--the material around the anchor hole is wider, the bronze bushing in the pulley wheel is... well... there... (Warn just has a little paper-thin sleeve), the pivot pin is bigger by 1/16" (whoopee), etc. It's all little enough stuff that a pic that's wide-view enough to see both, won't show much, and close enough in to really see the difference, and it's tough to tell what you're looking at.

A friend has a Warn block though--if it's interesting enough, I can borrow his and take pics of both.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
I didn't take a side-by-side with the Warn one... figured Warn hated me enough already. :)

Actually, it is fairly similar to the Warn block--the material around the anchor hole is wider, the bronze bushing in the pulley wheel is... well... there... (Warn just has a little paper-thin sleeve), the pivot pin is bigger by 1/16" (whoopee), etc. It's all little enough stuff that a pic that's wide-view enough to see both, won't show much, and close enough in to really see the difference, and it's tough to tell what you're looking at.

A friend has a Warn block though--if it's interesting enough, I can borrow his and take pics of both.
I have the warn block, and i can tell you its junk, THat small sleave is the main reason

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Size comparo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts