Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have officially started the Rockwell axle conversion on my Powerstroke, will keep all those who want to know updated....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you can't see the paino wire that he has wired all over the truck to the roof to stabilize it:flipoff2: :flipoff2: Definately keep us up to day that will be an interresting truck when you are done with it.

-ben

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Station said:
DON'T KILL YOURSELF MAN!!! DO NOT GET UNDER THAT TRUCK!! THATS FRIGGIN INSANE!

Sean
Where he has the jackstands is close to the same place the arms will hit if you put it on a lift. They are a little shaky but not bad. You just have to remember to not jump on the bumper, ect. But do becareful! No one want's to see anyone get hurt. I have already put a tranny jack under the bumpers already, to help get rid of that feeling that it was ready to rock right off.

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
The problem is the cinderblocks.... when they fail, they fail entirely. One minute you have concrete --- the next, gravel. :(

Someone is bound to speak up and argue that cinder blocks are safe if used in compression in line with the 'windows' but I won't crawl under a truck suspended with bricks of any kind, in any orientation.... if ya can't lay your hands on decent jackstands, consider using dense wood to safely build up to the height you need... or buy a set of scotch blocks.

Randii

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
surely yo uknew you would catch shiat from those cinder blocks etc. At least put a high lift on the front and back. that looks scarry. Although, I once rotated my tires by jacking one tire, rmoving it, and placing one of my home made speaker boxes in place of the jack, and moving on to the other corner. Worked well, but I trust my speaker box more than those blocks.

Be carefull man and put a web cam on that truck, so we can see you splatter under the frame rails ;) :D :D

Sounds like it could be cool when its done though. Thats alot of axle, and alot of truck. Should go well together.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
randii said:
The problem is the cinderblocks.... when they fail, they fail entirely. One minute you have concrete --- the next, gravel. :(

Someone is bound to speak up and argue that cinder blocks are safe if used in compression in line with the 'windows' but I won't crawl under a truck suspended with bricks of any kind, in any orientation.... if ya can't lay your hands on decent jackstands, consider using dense wood to safely build up to the height you need... or buy a set of scotch blocks.

Randii
Yeah, it's something about a 1200 pound engine(I remember you having a PSD right?) with about 4' of leverage over a cinder block that scares me.

Sean

·
Registered
456 Posts
Quote:
Although, I once rotated my tires by jacking one tire, rmoving it, and placing one of my home made speaker boxes in place of the jack, and moving on to the other corner. Worked well, but I trust my speaker box more than those blocks.

Pdragon, sounds like something u wouldve learned from darrel, lol.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Keep us updated I would also put something under the bumpers

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
you know... I'll do some work under the jeep with a hi-lift holding the jeep up. Granted.. thats stupid. (haven't found 3' tall jackstands yet)

But...

I would NEVER crawl under that powerstroke with those cinderblocks. That makes my hi-lift usage look intelligent.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha you guys are killing me.... I love it, Keep the comments coming good or bad. I know cinder blocks arent the best but I have seen 40+ft walls built out of cinder blocks.. I do have them on the strong side and with the weight distributed like it is I feel pretty good. I will be putting the rockwells on asap then working around them(putting on the springs and stuff) I will only have 1/2 of the truck lifted at a time. I really do love everyones opinion and I dont easily get my panties in a knot so let them rip. I have figured out a long time ago that anything I do is not going to be the "best" way or the fastest or something like that so I deal with it. I love the one guys comment "another poser who has thousands to spend on mods does not have the money for good jack stands" thats a good one..... Hell nobody works harder for their money than I do. I have a full time job, part time job, starting a business, a 2 year old boy, a baby on the way and 3 goats and a horse to take care of so give me a break on the Poser stuff and stuff like that(but I ain't mad at cha).... Ok will keep pics coming and one of these days(time permitting) I will start a little web page(anyone want to help??) just for the axle swap, I would like to show people that you can do it and hopefully to save others from the mistakes I am sure to make......
\\
Hey Daniel I appreciate the offer and I am sure I will lean on you a little... As soon as I win the lottery I am going to pay you to put Rockwells under everything I have including my riding lawnmower.......

Now I just have to get ahold of the guy who has my axles so I can get the show on the road !!\\

Slick Rick........

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
O for the rat bastard Rockwell haters......

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Please dont waste typing skills with the "safety" thing, I know its not the best but neither was the first airplane !!!! I do plan on running Highlifts under bumpers, believe it or not this is really stable, i have pushed and shoved on it in all directions before I dropped the old axles... Dont worry I trust the "FORCE" young Jedi's.....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
hey rick i have a rear rockwell at the house you can stick under there, that is allready pulled from the truck. but you will have to replace it. mike

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Mike thanks Bro.... I have 2 Fronts coming from the same guy you are dealing with I believe. I would take you up on the offer but THe dang thing is too heavy to just move around.... he he... I do need to come out and get those 4 stock wheels and tires you and I talked about. maybe this Sunday?? dot you have his Cell # or anything? Pm me if you do.... I will be online for a few more minutes. My kiddo is getting a little fever and I have to take care of him....... Hey Mike who do you get your Ubolts from?? how about Heim joints?? talk to ya soon

when is a good time to call you tomorrow?

O ya for the Rockwell haters,,, :flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
:eek: the guys are right,

see it might be really stable right now, but the blocks can fail ENTIRELY, meaning one minute, shes stable as, the next minute its sitting on grey coloured gravel, use some big blocks of timber

lookin pretty awesome though on the big assed rig, big motor, big axles thing!!

1 - 20 of 214 Posts