Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good pictures of the steering behind the axle on a Rock using links? I don't see a good way to mount my link tabs and miss the tie rod.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Not all the way below. Centerline of heim bolts are 1.5" below centerline of axle. This does result in the bottom of the 1.25" heims being like 1" or less lower than the bottom of the axle tube but they have never hung me up or even scraped rocks. There's still paint on the bottoms of the brackets.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
And yes, I could tell a difference from before it was behind the axle with opposite ackerman vs. now with correct ackerman. It turns much smoother and sharper now. I won't ever set another axle up with opposite ackerman again.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I couldnt find a pic of mine right off but its basically the same as Patooyee's set up.

I just put the ram as high as it needed to be to line up with the knuckles and still clear the driveline. Then installed the links under the tube but just high enough to clear the ram.

I am also satisfied with this setup. I can get pics if your still interested but Its not much different, uglier maybe.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Old town custom makes a nice high close ram mount.

Like Patooyee,
I flipped my knuckles. It sucks front would jump.
I swopped it back. But now i run high steer arms out front and have them tied into the factory arms and studs for bolts.
Works great...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info guys. I'll definitely keep it behind the axle. I just have to figure out the brackets. Any more pictures anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts