Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is theri someone out there making rockwell adaptors for wheels? If their is I need a handfull. If not I could setup a short run of these if I had interested parties...these would be for the hub flip so the flange is on the outside. I looked at the EOM hubs for 8 lug but dont want spend the extra dough

:p

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Randy Ouverson has some 8 lug hub conversion product for the rocks but I don't know the details.

The thing with the adapters is that the hub itself is something like 6" OD, right? There's issues with clearing the driveplates/shafts, which have a 8 on 5.5 pattern themselves or something. You probably have a way around this, but issssues, man.

Bob

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randy's hubs rock.....

We have a wheel spacer already on a sketch board that would allow the user to flip the hub making the bolt flange to the outside (you know because they are swappable....same bearing inner and outer) and go from the large military 6 bp to a common 1 ton 8 bp... 2.5" thick spacer...hell could even go to a 5 or 6 lug.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I might be interested in a set of these, keep me updated with details, price etc.

Dane

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a head count here who would be interested in a rockwell 6 lug to one ton 8 lug pattern. Keep in mind this would mean the hubs would be flipped out to use this adaptor....thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
How do you plan to attach the drive-flanges? The drive flange bolt pattern is almost identical to 8x6.5 so you could never have the center hole of the wheel be big enough for the flange to fit inside...?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
MC said:
Randy's hubs rock.....

We have a wheel spacer already on a sketch board that would allow the user to flip the hub making the bolt flange to the outside (you know because they are swappable....same bearing inner and outer) and go from the large military 6 bp to a common 1 ton 8 bp... 2.5" thick spacer...hell could even go to a 5 or 6 lug.
The bolt pattern on the rockwell 2 1/2 hub for the drive cap and axle head is 8 on 5.5625, good luck on a 5 and 6 lug pattern, this wheel pattern is too small for the size of this axle. steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts