Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the search and I just can't seem to find the answer. I have the parts for the b2200/toy ifs pinion brake setup but I set the parts about where they go and I don't see how to make the braket to mount the caliper. I saw the pic Daniel posted of 350 sammys set-up and it looks exactly like what I need. Ijust need to know what I need to do to get that bracket made. The clearances are way close to the flange bolts for the pinion seal. I thought about a two piece bracket but I just don't know. Please help.
Thanks...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You have mail in response to your pm to me. My bracket for the same set-up welds on..here is a picture of a cardboard template held upto the bearign collar where it would attach. My actual bracket is made from 1/4 inch plate and you have to use nickel rod to weld it on as the bearing collar is cast.Don't weld it on with the seal in place or your seal will be burnt...Feel free to e-mail me with any questions..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
onetonwillysands10 said:
Dan Dibble said:
Go with Daniels Bracket. I dont recomend welding.

Dan
[/QUOte
Just curious whats wrong with welding?
Please dont take offence to my reply. I have alot of respect for your rigs and tallent.
I just feel welding on cast shoud be a last resort. Seems the time it would take to make the bracket, why not attach it to the existing bolts.

Dan

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Daniel said:
Its cast
how are you going to remove the bolts behind the welded on plate?
Your going to need to replace your pinion seals when your pinion brake cooks it... IE bolt removal.

Don't get Daniels MAKE YOUR OWN!

Daniel,
Your an idiot. First off I guess the two bolts that hold the caliper to the bracket are for looks so you can't REMOVE the caliper from the bracket.:rolleyes: Second, PIMP your stuff somemore ...Third, If you opened your eyes and looked you will notice that the bolts are easily removed ONCE you remove the caliper by removing the two bolts that hold it to the bracket....Oh , forgot about that...The bracket is specifically notched to enable access to the bolt at the top end of the bracket with a socket ,the one at the bottom with a socket and the ONE behind it with an open end wrench.So the bearing collar is removed with an impact wrench with the exception of one which requires an openend wrench...Last, please don't try and tell me that you have to REMOVE the bearing collar just to replace the pinion seal...maybe you do ;but, I don't and didn't have any problem removing the old seal that cooked during welding the bracket to the collar without having to remove the collar.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dan Dibble said:

Please dont take offence to my reply. I have alot of respect for your rigs and tallent.
I just feel welding on cast shoud be a last resort. Seems the time it would take to make the bracket, why not attach it to the existing bolts.

Dan
Dan,
No offense taken. I was just wondering why you wouldn't recommend welding.I wouldn't recommend the 'weld on" bracket to anyone who is not comfortable with welding and getting good penetration.The bracket actually doesn't not take long to make since the cardboard template is the actual size of the bracket an dthe only other thing you have to do is drill two holes and weld it on.therefore, to me it was just as easy to make a weld on bracket..Anyways, hope your rig is coming along and good luck with it.brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts