Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious how much room those of you with rocks have left between the top of your 3rd and the closest offending part... (crossmember, oil pan, whatever...) just like everyone else i'm sure, i'm trying to dial mine in as close as possible without hitting anything... where mine is, it'll be taking out my fan/radiator not just bumping a piece of steel like a crossmember.

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
bansheeman1 said:
8 in rear
Banshee's rear shock mounts are P I M P I N :laughing:
Just bustin your balls, I am in the same boat, getting ready to do a cj7 and wondering about rocks making the center of gravity too high because of 3rd member clearance issues.
It isn't at my shop yet so I can't do my measuring yet

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt, i've got about 4" between the front of my oil pan and my 3rd... anyone running theirs this close? i feel like i need a couple more inches to get decent uptravel, but i don't know.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Most guys i wheel with have 3" to 6" of up travel. I have three but i can droop like 14" or so. I seen alot of guy put a bump stop on the front cross member to stop there up travel and the axle can still flex it just stops the center for moving up and hitting the oil pan. Idea.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
RufusTheRam said:
ttt, i've got about 4" between the front of my oil pan and my 3rd... anyone running theirs this close?

yup

·
Registered
166 Posts
I only have an inch until I hit my center bump stop. On the corners I have 6" of up travel and 10" down. It works good but I do not drive it on the road or anything. If I didn't have the bump stop there I would have about 4 inchs of space. I can not go up the 4" because other things start hitting things like my pinion brake rotors. I can get some pics tommorrow and post them up for you.

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
I have 5" in the center and after I build the bumpstops on the sides I should have 10" there.Jabnasty's rig that is in the forsale section he has about 3" upperward and it climbs like a beast just hit's the stops in the center alot.I geuss with huge tires you don't really feel it much.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, thanks for the replys. i should be able to get a crossmember in w/ a thin bumpstop and still keep 2-3 inches of center up travel. close up pics would be great if anyone has some of their setup.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Prolly about 4". I just kissed the pan a couple of times just enough to see that there was contact. Put grease on back of chunk for TTC. :D It's great to be retarded!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah, i'm gonna be out of the country from the 30th-7th... i'll be back to work on it after that though, i'll drop you a line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts