Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to link up the front... going for a reverse 4link with the uppers being straight the lowers in a vee. the uppers are at 42" apart I'll be running 44" tsl's on hummer rims.... I want to run as much backspacing as I can but don't want to hit upper links! can anybody tell me how far their links are apart and/or what is the max I can go

thre's what I have so far........

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
i don't know right off hand how far apart mine are but i am going to the shop in a little while and i will post when i get back.

·
Registered
227 Posts
mine are 35" apart on the axle they are further apart about 40" on the frame. The reason for the difference in the seperation is so the tires wouldn't hit the links while turning. this is with the hubs flipped and about 3 1/2 inches of backspacing.

hope this helps,
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
bobo, are your hubs flipped out or in? Also, are you talking about your front or rear axle?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The hubs are in. I have the same aet-up front and rear. was originally going to run a reverse four link sort of like this |\/| with the lowers triangulated with about 40 inches of horazontial (sp) seperation but thisdid not allow enough room to turn with 44's so i just angled them in until there was enough room.

Note: this had never been run i don't know how it will work. it is sort of a double triangulated 4 link......but then again not really.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Pook said:
Does it feel solid when pushed sid to side?
LOL that's the best redneck tip I've heard so far :flipoff2:

-"Ummm, no it feels kinda loose..."

-"Well better triangulate some more...how bout now?"

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Starslope said:

LOL that's the best redneck tip I've heard so far :flipoff2:

-"Ummm, no it feels kinda loose..."

-"Well better triangulate some more...how bout now?"
Not sure if you were being sarcastic but I think this is a decent way to test the suspension. You can push the side of a Jeep with leaf springs and watch the axle move side to side under the body. None of the link suspensions I've built have done that.

CJ

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
clutter1

1. Was cleaning the housing not the funnest thing you have ever done??
2. Where was your avator pic taken?

Keed up the clean work.

Dan

P.S. Not that you care, but I grew up in Ocean Springs MS. and we used to drive to Slidel LA to buy beer.:D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Dan the pic in his avitar is at bald river falls on the Tenn. side of tellico.

Also my mother in law is from Ocean springs last name of toche.

Chris you do good work!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes they are in single sheer but blt2rok has informed me that this is unacceptable and must be remedied:rolleyes: did some work on the crossmember any thoughts?
hey kirshbom where are the pics of this rumored killer bronco????
those axle mounts are a la blt2rok :cool:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 75 Posts